ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Footware payment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SSkUNkY
Posts: 147
Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 19:00
Gender: Male

Footware payment

Post by SSkUNkY »

I have a doctors note advising I need comfortable footware so I can work safely which was honoured for the first pair of trainers I bought 4months ago (£30).

However, I now need a new pair of trainers and have been told that the payment has been cancelled by our DOM - is this the case?

Will they then be OK when my feet are injured and I am unable to come into work due the footware being unfit for purpose?

Yours Sincerely.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Footware payment

Post by doorstepped »

you only get two payments a year maximum, so a new pair every six months, you have put in a request after 4 months so thats why it has been denied.
SSkUNkY
Posts: 147
Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 19:00
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by SSkUNkY »

I have not put in a request, I have simply been told that this payment is unavailable for anyone at anytime - IE the payment for foot ware is discontinued.

I want to know if this is true and if they will be OK with me staying off work due to injured feet as their foot ware is not fit for purpose.
DocketLefty
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by DocketLefty »

Ask your union rep.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by enskied »

Two payments of £30 per year.

Pathetic really. I would guess a rough guess as well, that we walk about three thousand miles per year. It is not just the tread we use. How many gates do we lift with our feet?
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by Hitcher »

False, I got my payment recently.
Last edited by Hitcher on 02 Aug 2015, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Footware payment

Post by DB1100 »

Be careful about saying too much it could help identify you
For we were soldiers once,and young
SSkUNkY
Posts: 147
Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 19:00
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by SSkUNkY »

I work at the Croydon delivery office and have done for many years.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by Creditshampoo »

What's the big deal about being identified!!
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by coxie »

Your dom is telling porkies mate, payment still exists.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Footware payment

Post by DB1100 »

Creditshampoo wrote:What's the big deal about being identified!!
People have been sacked for what they have written on here http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =7&t=11169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by meercat »

Creditshampoo wrote:What's the big deal about being identified!!
Being sacked for bringing the company into disrepute is a real possibility.
SSkUNkY
Posts: 147
Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 19:00
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by SSkUNkY »

Is there a CWU rep who can give a clear answer on this please?

Got nothing to hide, just want to get clarification on this issue as I am getting conflicting reports.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Footware payment

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If you want a clear answer it may be best to call HR.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: Footware payment

Post by Creditshampoo »

meercat wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:What's the big deal about being identified!!
Being sacked for bringing the company into disrepute is a real possibility.
Never said.