ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I went to work early today
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
I went to work early today
Yup, as the title suggests, I went to work 45mins before my start time but not to work.
As deputy rep in our DO I thought I would approach fellow colleagues and ask them why they were starting before time, working for free, preventing PT being made upto FT etc etc.
I was shocked that out of 46 staff, 29 were in before their time! Most had their first mech in and had sorted a bunch from the IPS. I said my piece and hopefully have convinced a few to start and finish on time but a small group have asked our Lino to put in a grievence against me for bullying tactics!
These are the same people that moan at our rep about the amount of lapsing and increase in job sizes.
Some people just want to see the world burn.
As deputy rep in our DO I thought I would approach fellow colleagues and ask them why they were starting before time, working for free, preventing PT being made upto FT etc etc.
I was shocked that out of 46 staff, 29 were in before their time! Most had their first mech in and had sorted a bunch from the IPS. I said my piece and hopefully have convinced a few to start and finish on time but a small group have asked our Lino to put in a grievence against me for bullying tactics!
These are the same people that moan at our rep about the amount of lapsing and increase in job sizes.
Some people just want to see the world burn.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
good for you, I wonder if the people who are in early are finishing before their official finish time most days so see it as worthwhile in that respect ? If not then theyre just crazy and cant be helped !
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
A good few do finish early but a handful go over. I really do not understand the mentality of some people.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
Idiots....that is all!
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
I'm in the minority of part timers that start on their time in my office.
Pisses me off more when my usual partner is off and the cover guy that is supposed to prep my frame just leaves piles of mail and packets for me to sort. He then has the cheek to wonder why i don't come in early to do it
he makes me have a personal "go slow" with him when we're together haha.
Pisses me off more when my usual partner is off and the cover guy that is supposed to prep my frame just leaves piles of mail and packets for me to sort. He then has the cheek to wonder why i don't come in early to do it
-
Boydieboydie
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 26 Feb 2011, 14:12
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
Haha, to be fair, maybe it's not your place to 'challenge people' on when they come in?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I went to work early today
yes you should have just told rep to have a quick word maybe in WTLBoydieboydie wrote:Haha, to be fair, maybe it's not your place to 'challenge people' on when they come in?
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
I like to take my position all be it as deputy rep very seriously. When fellow members of staff are jeopardising FT opportunities for PT staff, giving managers excuses to bully those doing the job correctly because the early birds and runners are cutting up the jobs, I think it's right I educate those that are responsible.
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
WTL? What's that? Ours consists of a 15 minute video with a lot of staff sneaking off to tie up their walks.arnold cheshire wrote:yes you should have just told rep to have a quick word maybe in WTLBoydieboydie wrote:Haha, to be fair, maybe it's not your place to 'challenge people' on when they come in?
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
I had the same thing over asking people why there weren't using trolleys.
Lets all rush around as fast as we can, ruining the job and putting others at risk, who do the job properley, of others being bullied by managers. "Others can get round, so why can't you"
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
I don't understand the mentality of starting early but our office is small and all the full timers start at the same time. Some of the part timers come in 10-15 mins early though.
-
islfor
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: I went to work early today
If you are the Rep, when the business gives you a office proposal. Have attached in the bottom of agreement.
Anyone that attend work before time for either IPS or Prep will be asked to use the rest facilities until correct start times.
Also have this attached at the bottom of your Weekly Resource Meetings, If the managers continue to allow this to happen, use the I.R. Framework, and you will win the argument as the Manager has signed a legal document.
Anyone that attend work before time for either IPS or Prep will be asked to use the rest facilities until correct start times.
Also have this attached at the bottom of your Weekly Resource Meetings, If the managers continue to allow this to happen, use the I.R. Framework, and you will win the argument as the Manager has signed a legal document.
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
Same in my office, not got a clue, the so called team players
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: I went to work early today
This positive and pro active approach has been met with a grievance. As you have said, you were trying to identify reasons why these members felt they needed to come in early. I think this is also a H and S issue as they are "technically" not insured to work, on site yes, working no. However having said that if RM acknowledges their presence on site and working and do not actively stop this then they condone it and insure them. obviously this work is unmeasured and only assists in a greater amount of lapsing and an artificially high BSI that will demand more hours removed from the office. At least 45 mins a day early equals 3 hrs 45 a week time by 44 weeks (6 weeks a/l plus 2 weeks sick) equals 165 hours, which translates to more than 4 weeks of FREE work for EACH of the 29 per year. Now from a union point of view that equates to a job or 2 or 3 or 4. From RM's point of view it's FREEEEEEE.weary_posty wrote:I like to take my position all be it as deputy rep very seriously. When fellow members of staff are jeopardising FT opportunities for PT staff, giving managers excuses to bully those doing the job correctly because the early birds and runners are cutting up the jobs, I think it's right I educate those that are responsible.
You have your work cut out, some refuse to be educated. Perhaps it hurts their brains or something. Perhaps the union needs to take a positive stance and actively identify those who finish early and generate additional workload for them to take the to thier time. It's what the business is after anyway, work for the hours you're paid to work for.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
bigbazza
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
Give the idiots more lapsing. Taking job's from other people starting before start time. I'm full time and been on job 18 and a half years start on time finish on time it's easy a chimp could do it.
people