ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Not fair.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Not fair.

Post by comeracing »

I have a single van round in a very large village,2 other staff also work in the same village one is FT like me,the other PT.they have a shared van,A while ago I had 40 new houses built,now most are occupied.so now I have this as extra plus single and double lasing on another duty most days,thats before I even deliver on my own duty.our old dom said I would have to deliver to them 40 houses,but another road on my duty with 40 houses this would get put on to the other shared van duty as this was very close to there existing duty,guess what this has never happened,shall I explain this situation to our new dom ? oh im getting another 4 houses built on my duty down a long farm lane,not to bothered about these as there are only the 4,but houses being built more and more now is more common.
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Re: Not fair.

Post by yubin282 »

our office (around 50 deliveries) is gonna get an extra 1500 homes built in the next 2 years, no doubt well be trying to absorb them along with the lapsing we all ready do which is has already doubled in the last 2 months.....joke
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Not fair.

Post by Postie45 »

do you have time in your hours to do your work at a fair pace and get it all done ? if not, then complain, if that doesnt work follow cut off procedure.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Not fair.

Post by Hitcher »

comeracing wrote:I have a single van round in a very large village,2 other staff also work in the same village one is FT like me,the other PT.they have a shared van,A while ago I had 40 new houses built,now most are occupied.so now I have this as extra plus single and double lasing on another duty most days,thats before I even deliver on my own duty.our old dom said I would have to deliver to them 40 houses,but another road on my duty with 40 houses this would get put on to the other shared van duty as this was very close to there existing duty,guess what this has never happened,shall I explain this situation to our new dom ? oh im getting another 4 houses built on my duty down a long farm lane,not to bothered about these as there are only the 4,but houses being built more and more now is more common.
If you're finishing on time then what's the problem? If not, then cut off. Your choice.
Jack Rouse
Posts: 74
Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
Gender: Male

Re: Not fair.

Post by Jack Rouse »

As we are finding out in our office, RM tend to be reactive instead of proactive, we have new housing estates going up all over town, yet the revision we have just had only took account of those already bought.

Now as more are built and filled they are just being added to the existing walks.
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: Not fair.

Post by tonytucker »

comeracing wrote:I have a single van round in a very large village,2 other staff also work in the same village one is FT like me,the other PT.they have a shared van,A while ago I had 40 new houses built,now most are occupied.so now I have this as extra plus single and double lasing on another duty most days,thats before I even deliver on my own duty.our old dom said I would have to deliver to them 40 houses,but another road on my duty with 40 houses this would get put on to the other shared van duty as this was very close to there existing duty,guess what this has never happened,shall I explain this situation to our new dom ? oh im getting another 4 houses built on my duty down a long farm lane,not to bothered about these as there are only the 4,but houses being built more and more now is more common.
Grow a pair and cut off or quit crying
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Not fair.

Post by eastie »

Work to your time and CUT OFF
They can give you an extra 60 calls or 600 calls it doesn't make any difference :arrrghhh
Just work to your time.( plus don't come in early)
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Re: Not fair.

Post by trythat »

Jack Rouse wrote:As we are finding out in our office, RM tend to be reactive instead of proactive, we have new housing estates going up all over town, yet the revision we have just had only took account of those already bought.

Now as more are built and filled they are just being added to the existing walks.
When we did our revision, we added any delivery points that had footings and anything likely to be completed within 6 months and we thought we were hard done by.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Not fair.

Post by TeeferTiger »

Around here they built a new housing estate of about 100 houses on a certain round. Postie refused to take it as he 'already had too much'. Said postie was normally home by 11am! The mail for that duty used to sit in the frame until I started work at 1pm to do my parcel delivery and I had to deliver that mail, as well as the lapsed mail and the parcels.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?