ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Worried about going into work
-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Worried about going into work
Some of you may remember that I posted a while back that I was being faced with a conduct code for wilful delay.
Happily that was thrown out, and part of the resolution by the DOM at the time was to reduce the amount of delivery points I had on my walk by just over a full row, as it meant me having to go over 1.5hrs to complete, this was agreed between me, the temp Dom, and the DO's Union Rep.
Now out normal Dom has come back, and to be honest he makes Hitler seem like a choirboy.
During his time at our DO he's just about upset everyone, morale is at an all time low, and he picks on the older members and the weak.
One episode in the past led to me having a breakdown, ( I suffer from depression) and wandering around town, not knowing who I was, where I was, and who people were, I was totally out of it, the line managers in the office know that I have tried to do myself in on two occasions, once at home, and once at work through depression.
It started again last Tuesday, his first day back after a holiday, he asked me to take out the part of the walk on the frame that had been taken off me, I said I couldn't as I wouldn't have time, I offered to take it out and bring back any I didn't deliver.
He then said that if I took it out, I had to deliver it, even if it meant going over my time, ( this is what he is like, he rides roughshod over all the agreements that Royal Mail and the CWU have, he also ignores European law by stating we have to go over our time).
I called the deputy rep over, and it was soon sorted out.
On Friday last I was doing the Under the roof duty and looked at the duty roster to see that I had been moved to another walk, ( I am ringfenced on my own walk by Atos, and the Union, but the DOM refuses to recognise ringfencing as well).
I tackled the lino who does the duties about it on Saturday, he basically said he did it because "he can"
When I tackled the DOM about it, he said it was because I wouldn't complete all the deliveries on the frame, and they couldn't cover the excess anymore.
"Not my problem" I said.
He continued to have a go at me, a couple of colleagues tried to calm me down, but it was too late really, I had an anxiety attack and had to call my wife to come and collect me I was in such a state.
I've spoken to the Area Rep over the weekend, and he has told me to go on my normal walk, and he will be there about 8:30am, I start at 7:30am, so I will have a whole hour of confrontation before he arrives.
The walk they want me to do is known in the office as a monster, it took a colleague 20 years younger than me 5.5hrs to complete, it also has flats and steep terrain, which again under ATOS I am unable to do.
Due to my medical condition the managers are supposed to keep me free from stress as much as possible, and not swap me around from walk to walk, I according to ATOS to be kept on the same walk at all times, the Union recognise this but the managers as a whole disregard it.
I did file a B & H complaint against the DOM, but it got downgraded to a grievance, as has every other one put in against him.
I've got to the point where I getting more and more worked up about going tomorrow, fearing the confrontation that is bound to happen, and the arguments that will ensue.
My biggest problem is that I no longer get RM sick pay, so his bullying is causing me to be out of pocket as well.
Happily that was thrown out, and part of the resolution by the DOM at the time was to reduce the amount of delivery points I had on my walk by just over a full row, as it meant me having to go over 1.5hrs to complete, this was agreed between me, the temp Dom, and the DO's Union Rep.
Now out normal Dom has come back, and to be honest he makes Hitler seem like a choirboy.
During his time at our DO he's just about upset everyone, morale is at an all time low, and he picks on the older members and the weak.
One episode in the past led to me having a breakdown, ( I suffer from depression) and wandering around town, not knowing who I was, where I was, and who people were, I was totally out of it, the line managers in the office know that I have tried to do myself in on two occasions, once at home, and once at work through depression.
It started again last Tuesday, his first day back after a holiday, he asked me to take out the part of the walk on the frame that had been taken off me, I said I couldn't as I wouldn't have time, I offered to take it out and bring back any I didn't deliver.
He then said that if I took it out, I had to deliver it, even if it meant going over my time, ( this is what he is like, he rides roughshod over all the agreements that Royal Mail and the CWU have, he also ignores European law by stating we have to go over our time).
I called the deputy rep over, and it was soon sorted out.
On Friday last I was doing the Under the roof duty and looked at the duty roster to see that I had been moved to another walk, ( I am ringfenced on my own walk by Atos, and the Union, but the DOM refuses to recognise ringfencing as well).
I tackled the lino who does the duties about it on Saturday, he basically said he did it because "he can"
When I tackled the DOM about it, he said it was because I wouldn't complete all the deliveries on the frame, and they couldn't cover the excess anymore.
"Not my problem" I said.
He continued to have a go at me, a couple of colleagues tried to calm me down, but it was too late really, I had an anxiety attack and had to call my wife to come and collect me I was in such a state.
I've spoken to the Area Rep over the weekend, and he has told me to go on my normal walk, and he will be there about 8:30am, I start at 7:30am, so I will have a whole hour of confrontation before he arrives.
The walk they want me to do is known in the office as a monster, it took a colleague 20 years younger than me 5.5hrs to complete, it also has flats and steep terrain, which again under ATOS I am unable to do.
Due to my medical condition the managers are supposed to keep me free from stress as much as possible, and not swap me around from walk to walk, I according to ATOS to be kept on the same walk at all times, the Union recognise this but the managers as a whole disregard it.
I did file a B & H complaint against the DOM, but it got downgraded to a grievance, as has every other one put in against him.
I've got to the point where I getting more and more worked up about going tomorrow, fearing the confrontation that is bound to happen, and the arguments that will ensue.
My biggest problem is that I no longer get RM sick pay, so his bullying is causing me to be out of pocket as well.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Worried about going into work
Email moya everything you just said there. Justsayit@royalmail.com
-
Scotland1
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
- Gender: Female
Re: Worried about going into work
Ur duty should be ringfenced and that cannot be touched by dom, try to stay strong, I know it can be difficult, try to higher up if u can dsm level or even email moya
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Worried about going into work
Who downgraded your B+H to a grievance?
-
dodger71
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 17:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: right here right now
Re: Worried about going into work
i am going through the same myself my friend try stay strong ...i do know about how you feel with the confrontation ...you simply don,t need it with this illness
take care
take care
I FEEL LIKE A BITCH FOR AC AND AL
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: Worried about going into work
Jack M8 I am totally disgusted with u r Dom's attittude towards you and your ongoing probs that HE refuses to see, tomorrow turn up as usual 0730 prep the walk ATOS have stated is good for you, don't spk to any Mngt until Area Rep turns up 0830 then let them sort out this mess, stay calm I can see this being resolved quite quickly

-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Worried about going into work
Thanks for all the support guys, I get the same kind of support in the office, especially from the Reps, but the DOM always chooses his time, like when both Reps are away on days off or holidays etc.
The B & H was downgraded. can't remember who by, I just had a letter come through from the B & H dept, to be honest, I tore it up in disgust, uttering "Canute" or a very similar word.
The B & H was downgraded. can't remember who by, I just had a letter come through from the B & H dept, to be honest, I tore it up in disgust, uttering "Canute" or a very similar word.
-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Worried about going into work
It is ringfenced, but they refuse to acknowledge it.Scotland1 wrote:Ur duty should be ringfenced and that cannot be touched by dom, try to stay strong, I know it can be difficult, try to higher up if u can dsm level or even email moya
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Worried about going into work
Pen and paper
When he starts just say" I find it best to write things down as sometimes my issues can come across in the wrong manner"( or similar)
Write everything down,
You've been assessed by oh assist check your letter,if it says protected characteristic you are on Solid ground.
Have a friendly witness on standby,visualise lambs watching south park,whatever works for you,just try not to react as that's what some bullies like to see,a reaction.
Build a support network,whether its your mate,your misses,husband or cat
Don't bottle it up,whether its HELP or Samaritans etc,talk to someone if that helps.
Also if you're on meds,see your gp for updates as you may need to monitor or change them.
Finally,it's a cliché but it works for me
No matter how painfull something is or how much crap you have to chew,its not always going to be that way,rain has to stop sometimes.
Been where you are.
When he starts just say" I find it best to write things down as sometimes my issues can come across in the wrong manner"( or similar)
Write everything down,
You've been assessed by oh assist check your letter,if it says protected characteristic you are on Solid ground.
Have a friendly witness on standby,visualise lambs watching south park,whatever works for you,just try not to react as that's what some bullies like to see,a reaction.
Build a support network,whether its your mate,your misses,husband or cat
Don't bottle it up,whether its HELP or Samaritans etc,talk to someone if that helps.
Also if you're on meds,see your gp for updates as you may need to monitor or change them.
Finally,it's a cliché but it works for me
No matter how painfull something is or how much crap you have to chew,its not always going to be that way,rain has to stop sometimes.
Been where you are.
I won
-
dodger71
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 17:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: right here right now
Re: Worried about going into work
jesus spiderj that is amazing... 
I FEEL LIKE A BITCH FOR AC AND AL
-
Bishbashbbosh
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
-
tonyt450
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 19:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Worried about going into work
Bishbashbosh you really are pathetic.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Worried about going into work
No it's comments like this that make jobs harderBishbashbbosh wrote:Original post removed and poster banned
I hope you never need help,or if you do,someone doesn't feel this way about you.
On topic tho...ignore the uneducated and simpleminded
I won
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Re: Worried about going into work
Good luck I know the pressure some of these mangers like to apply [small widge syndrome] Saw the comment [quoted] bishbashbbosh made, ignore him. If his IQ was any lower he would need watering.
Now I know why he's on my ignore list.
PS bishbashbbosh Remove your post and replace it with an apology at least
Now I know why he's on my ignore list.
PS bishbashbbosh Remove your post and replace it with an apology at least
Last edited by bandit1157 on 27 Jul 2015, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Worried about going into work
You are a scumbag. Pure and simple.Bishbashbbosh wrote:Original Poster banned
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
