ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Strange question
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Strange question
Has anyone had an allergic reaction to the new rain coats? Wore mine last Friday for the first time and I ended up with welts covering my legs and lower body.
-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Strange question
You are thinking that the new storm proof coats actually keep the rain out, when in fact all they do is let the water in, the welts you are experiencing are the same as those you get from lying in the bath for too long.
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Strange question
Afraid not Jack, ive had reactions before to various things and this was definitely a reaction, wondered if they coat the waterproof with some substance that caused this?
-
dtyssmshdchrb
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 14:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Strange question
It's actually a condition known as cheapshititis, where the body has a reaction to poorly produced materials that usually aren't fit for purpose. There's no known medication to prevent or lessen the effects unfortunately but some people are known to have had success with the holistic approach of lowering their standards and expectations.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Strange question
dtyssmshdchrb wrote:It's actually a condition known as cheapshititis, where the body has a reaction to poorly produced materials that usually aren't fit for purpose. There's no known medication to prevent or lessen the effects unfortunately but some people are known to have had success with the holistic approach of lowering their standards and expectations.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
ratchet
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Buggered off to France
Re: Strange question
Usually the allergic reaction will take place where the suspect item has touched the body - I'd hazard a guess that it may have been your trousers that caused the problem - my wife had a similar issue with a top that hadn't been rinsed properly in the washing machine. A couple of days on antihistamines helped.
I'm no doctor
just putting 2 and 2 together and probably making it add up to 10
I'm no doctor
I am no longer a number :-)
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Strange question
I think it's meant for the upper body.deggyg wrote: covering my legs and lower body.
No that I wear mine, I tried it once and just can't stand it. A cheap Sports Direct coat is better.
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: Strange question
Were you wearing shorts? I get welts on my calves in summer when I walk across grass while wearing shorts. I guess it's a form of hay fever.