ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Weekday Sch Att and Weekday Overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postman2015
Posts: 38
Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 17:46
Gender: Male

Weekday Sch Att and Weekday Overtime

Post by postman2015 »

Dear all,

What is the difference between the Weekday Sch Att @ SSPR(P) and Weekday Overime @ SSPR.
I do get two different rates for the above.

Eg: Weekday Sch Att @ SSPR(P) 1.45 hours -> £22.66 (£15.62 per hour)
Weekday Overtime @ SSPR 7.30 hours -> £97.09 ( £13.30 per hour)

I am on a 25 hours per week contract. Hourly rate -> £12.34 per hour

Also will the above differ on a weekend?
Just asking as I would like to find out how the above getting calculated so I can work extra hours where the rate is higher. :Very Happy

Thanks in advance.
Rumple
Posts: 429
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
Gender: Male

Re: Weekday Sch Att and Weekday Overtime

Post by Rumple »

I'm glad your not my accountant.
1.45 hours = 1 and 3/4 or 1.75
7.3 hours = 7 and 1/2 or 7.5
postman2015
Posts: 38
Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 17:46
Gender: Male

Re: Weekday Sch Att and Weekday Overtime

Post by postman2015 »

Hi

Thanks for the correction. Buy why two ddifferentterms
TThanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Weekday Sch Att and Weekday Overtime

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

SSPR is the overtime from contracted hours up to 39 Hours and includes an element of the Delivery Supplement (or what ever function you are under). You don't get Del Supp with SA.

Beyond that the reason for 2 different rates is that they are 2 different types of overtime. One is pressure for unplanned overtime, the other is contractural planned overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Weekday Sch Att and Weekday Overtime

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Then there are other overtime rates as well such as first 10 hours (over 39), and overtime beyond 49 hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Re: Weekday Sch Att and Weekday Overtime

Post by Decky Boy »

Can you supply the pay rates for 1st 10 hours and 2nd 10 hours overtime please ?