ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Work 3 hours or more between 11pm and 6am Message in Salary

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postman2015
Posts: 38
Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 17:46
Gender: Male

Work 3 hours or more between 11pm and 6am Message in Salary

Post by postman2015 »

Dear all,

I just noticed in the message section regarding work for 3 hours or more between 11pm and 6am. Is that a new type role?
I am on a 25 hours contract(9.30am-2.30pm).
Am I eligible to apply.
I assume the rates will be higher for this job role.

Thanks in advance
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Work 3 hours or more between 11pm and 6am Message in Sal

Post by Hitcher »

As it's 'work' and not 'want to work' I think they just want some info if you work between those hours.
oldrope
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 221
Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 16:17
Location: lapland

Re: Work 3 hours or more between 11pm and 6am Message in Sal

Post by oldrope »

postman2015 wrote:Dear all,

I just noticed in the message section regarding work for 3 hours or more between 11pm and 6am. Is that a new type role?
I am on a 25 hours contract(9.30am-2.30pm).
Am I eligible to apply.
I assume the rates will be higher for this job role.

Thanks in advance

It is for night shift workers whos shift is between those hours, H/S. not a job offer.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Work 3 hours or more between 11pm and 6am Message in Sal

Post by arnold cheshire »

postman2015 wrote:Dear all,

I just noticed in the message section regarding work for 3 hours or more between 11pm and 6am. Is that a new type role?
I am on a 25 hours contract(9.30am-2.30pm).
Am I eligible to apply.
I assume the rates will be higher for this job role.

Thanks in advance
doesnt it say if you work three hours or more you can complete a survey ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Work 3 hours or more between 11pm and 6am Message in Sal

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Indeed what is says exactly is:

Work for 3 hours or more between 11pm & 6am regularly? You are invited to complete a night workers questionnaire please request a form from your manager.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.