Can they ring you like this while on holiday? Apart from the fact that I would love to forget about the place for a week I'm now ruining the rest of my week by fretting about said lost parcel,apparently the woman is raging mad and wanting blood! Any wise words or help would be much appreciated,cheers
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
can they do this?
-
lucky escape
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 21:48
- Gender: Female
can they do this?
Hi I'm on leave this week and have just been called by a stand-in lino about a tracked parcel I carded and brought back last week which they now can't find.
Can they ring you like this while on holiday? Apart from the fact that I would love to forget about the place for a week I'm now ruining the rest of my week by fretting about said lost parcel,apparently the woman is raging mad and wanting blood! Any wise words or help would be much appreciated,cheers
Can they ring you like this while on holiday? Apart from the fact that I would love to forget about the place for a week I'm now ruining the rest of my week by fretting about said lost parcel,apparently the woman is raging mad and wanting blood! Any wise words or help would be much appreciated,cheers
-
CLINTEASTWOOD
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 16:49
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
Hi i supose when your on leave thats it no contact.But it depends how you look at it if it were me i wouldn"t be bothered if they called me just to see if i could shed any light on the situation.If they they were trying to tell me it was my fault then thats a different story.
-
lucky escape
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 21:48
- Gender: Female
Re: can they do this?
He asked me if I could shed some light on where it had got too,it was how he was questioning me rather than what he was asking. It's just left me feeling worried.
-
kybear
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 12 Apr 2008, 18:49
Re: can they do this?
If it was tracked it would have been scanned back in if it has been scanned back in it was returned to the office by you,so i would say your job has been done,our tracked items are kept in the phg locker.
-
lucky escape
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 21:48
- Gender: Female
Re: can they do this?
Yes so are ours,handed in at the end of duty so I'm not sure why they are asking me about it? 
Last edited by lucky escape on 23 Jul 2015, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
I always take photos of returned parcels in the office, so if its there they find it not me, i did my bit, i wont help them find it.lucky escape wrote:Hi I'm on leave this week and have just been called by a stand-in lino about a tracked parcel I carded and brought back last week which they now can't find.
Can they ring you like this while on holiday? Apart from the fact that I would love to forget about the place for a week I'm now ruining the rest of my week by fretting about said lost parcel,apparently the woman is raging mad and wanting blood! Any wise words or help would be much appreciated,cheers
-
CLINTEASTWOOD
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 16:49
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
Hi againlucky escape wrote:Yes so our ours,handed in at the end of duty so I'm not sure why they are asking me about it?
I can tell your worried about this.I know the feeling you try and retrace your steps in your mind and racking your brains and you make yourself feel worse.Try not to worry though.Like the other post said it would have to have been scanned back in so find out if it has and if it has thats the end of it worry over.take care and enjoy whats left of your holiday.
-
lucky escape
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 21:48
- Gender: Female
Re: can they do this?
Thanks everyone for the replies,liking the idea of taking pics of carded items,cheers 
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
You don't need to take pictures of the carded items
Just make a note of your slip lefts in your slip left book. Its amazing how many posties don't bother doing this (even for specials) and yet it covers them in case anything goes missing in the office.
As for ringing you up on your week off. I would just tell the manager to wait until I arrived back the following week. This puts them off bothering you when you are not there.
Just make a note of your slip lefts in your slip left book. Its amazing how many posties don't bother doing this (even for specials) and yet it covers them in case anything goes missing in the office.
As for ringing you up on your week off. I would just tell the manager to wait until I arrived back the following week. This puts them off bothering you when you are not there.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: can they do this?
you are not allowed to take photos on or in royal mail propertylucky escape wrote:Thanks everyone for the replies,liking the idea of taking pics of carded items,cheers
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: can they do this?
Never mind the question of Data Protection.arnold cheshire wrote:you are not allowed to take photos on or in royal mail propertylucky escape wrote:Thanks everyone for the replies,liking the idea of taking pics of carded items,cheers
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
What's a slip left book?postslippete wrote:You don't need to take pictures of the carded items
Just make a note of your slip lefts in your slip left book. Its amazing how many posties don't bother doing this (even for specials) and yet it covers them in case anything goes missing in the office.
As for ringing you up on your week off. I would just tell the manager to wait until I arrived back the following week. This puts them off bothering you when you are not there.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
This is mine, not RM issue but 3 in a pack at poundland. Does the job nicely.blisterfeet wrote: What's a slip left book?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
So you write every slip left in this book? Why do that?wannabeek wrote:This is mine, not RM issue but 3 in a pack at poundland. Does the job nicely.blisterfeet wrote: What's a slip left book?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
wannabeek wrote:This is mine, not RM issue but 3 in a pack at poundland. Does the job nicely.blisterfeet wrote: What's a slip left book?
The poundland clicky pens suck though!
Good idea to keep note of tracks / specials before you head out of the office. Can't say I keep hold of them after the day's delivery though!