ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lost Special?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Iflambo
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jan 2015, 20:11
Gender: Male

Lost Special?

Post by Iflambo »

Whats the crack if a postie loses/doesn't know if he/she has posted the special?
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by wannabeek »

Depends on a number of factors, most importantly being how valuable the OPG is to the DOM. Best case scenario is going to be a ticking off and nothing more said about it, worst case scenario is.... (shudders)
Iflambo
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jan 2015, 20:11
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by Iflambo »

Lets say its a letter
weary_posty
Posts: 225
Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by weary_posty »

It being a letter or parcel is irrelevant.

Honesty is the best policy. We had a lad leave one in a pouch a few weeks back. It was picked up a few days later and instead of putting his hands up and owning up he blamed everyone else. Even suggesting his partner should have checked HIS bags at the end of the day.

We all make mistakes. Hopefully the DOM is understanding. Good luck
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by Decky Boy »

Loosing a Special Delivery Item is pretty serious my friend. I suggest you prepare for the worst... and if your employment continues take extra special care OF ALL MAIL in the future. How can you loose or deliver a Special Delivery Item ? ? ?
postie1975
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by postie1975 »

Rubbish ive seen a few go missing in our office we're humans and all make mistakes at the end of the day.

probably get councelling to show you how to take extra care in future
delfranklin1969
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by delfranklin1969 »

I once had a special delivery letter (it was tickets I think) and posted the letter with the 739! I just phoned the office and told them what happened and wrote a note apologizing for posting it without a signature. The customer never complained so all was ok. Another time during a different period at RM when I was only on collections, I left a special in my van overnight. But the person in the office should have noticed it was missing so it was a 50/50 mistake. Never heard anymore on that one either.

As has been said, it depends on the circumstances but nowadays I am ultra careful with all Specials as the consequences can be severe!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Lost Special?

Post by arnold cheshire »

delfranklin1969 wrote:I once had a special delivery letter (it was tickets I think) and posted the letter with the 739! I just phoned the office and told them what happened and wrote a note apologizing for posting it without a signature. The customer never complained so all was ok. Another time during a different period at RM when I was only on collections, I left a special in my van overnight. But the person in the office should have noticed it was missing so it was a 50/50 mistake. Never heard anymore on that one either.

As has been said, it depends on the circumstances but nowadays I am ultra careful with all Specials as the consequences can be severe!
one of our sa collection drivers left a full bag of specials in the van overnight
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by datasaint »

arnold cheshire wrote: one of our sa collection drivers left a full bag of specials in the van overnight
What outcome? Other than a lot of peeved customers.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Lost Special?

Post by arnold cheshire »

norm wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote: one of our sa collection drivers left a full bag of specials in the van overnight
What outcome? Other than a lot of peeved customers.
nothing he was let off
delfranklin1969
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by delfranklin1969 »

Blimey a full bag lol!

A colleague of mine signed for a special in a rural where he always signs for the customers stuff if he's not about and the dog found it and did something with it! Luckily the customer was cool about it and he just got a rap on the knuckles. I think it depends on how much the customer kicks off tbh.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Lost Special?

Post by arnold cheshire »

delfranklin1969 wrote:Blimey a full bag lol!

A colleague of mine signed for a special in a rural where he always signs for the customers stuff if he's not about and the dog found it and did something with it! Luckily the customer was cool about it and he just got a rap on the knuckles. I think it depends on how much the customer kicks off tbh.
he didnt lose them they were delayed
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by datasaint »

arnold cheshire wrote:
delfranklin1969 wrote:Blimey a full bag lol!

A colleague of mine signed for a special in a rural where he always signs for the customers stuff if he's not about and the dog found it and did something with it! Luckily the customer was cool about it and he just got a rap on the knuckles. I think it depends on how much the customer kicks off tbh.
he didnt lose them they were delayed
Could still be conducted with inexcusable delay of the mail I suppose.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=47724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Lost Special?

Post by arnold cheshire »

he wasnt conducted
Jack Rouse
Posts: 74
Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
Gender: Male

Re: Lost Special?

Post by Jack Rouse »

Like everything else in RM it depends on whether the Don/Lino got a bit the night before