ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lost Special?
-
Iflambo
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 10 Jan 2015, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Lost Special?
Whats the crack if a postie loses/doesn't know if he/she has posted the special?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
Depends on a number of factors, most importantly being how valuable the OPG is to the DOM. Best case scenario is going to be a ticking off and nothing more said about it, worst case scenario is.... (shudders)
-
Iflambo
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 10 Jan 2015, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
Lets say its a letter
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
It being a letter or parcel is irrelevant.
Honesty is the best policy. We had a lad leave one in a pouch a few weeks back. It was picked up a few days later and instead of putting his hands up and owning up he blamed everyone else. Even suggesting his partner should have checked HIS bags at the end of the day.
We all make mistakes. Hopefully the DOM is understanding. Good luck
Honesty is the best policy. We had a lad leave one in a pouch a few weeks back. It was picked up a few days later and instead of putting his hands up and owning up he blamed everyone else. Even suggesting his partner should have checked HIS bags at the end of the day.
We all make mistakes. Hopefully the DOM is understanding. Good luck
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
Loosing a Special Delivery Item is pretty serious my friend. I suggest you prepare for the worst... and if your employment continues take extra special care OF ALL MAIL in the future. How can you loose or deliver a Special Delivery Item ? ? ?
-
postie1975
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
Rubbish ive seen a few go missing in our office we're humans and all make mistakes at the end of the day.
probably get councelling to show you how to take extra care in future
probably get councelling to show you how to take extra care in future
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
I once had a special delivery letter (it was tickets I think) and posted the letter with the 739! I just phoned the office and told them what happened and wrote a note apologizing for posting it without a signature. The customer never complained so all was ok. Another time during a different period at RM when I was only on collections, I left a special in my van overnight. But the person in the office should have noticed it was missing so it was a 50/50 mistake. Never heard anymore on that one either.
As has been said, it depends on the circumstances but nowadays I am ultra careful with all Specials as the consequences can be severe!
As has been said, it depends on the circumstances but nowadays I am ultra careful with all Specials as the consequences can be severe!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Lost Special?
one of our sa collection drivers left a full bag of specials in the van overnightdelfranklin1969 wrote:I once had a special delivery letter (it was tickets I think) and posted the letter with the 739! I just phoned the office and told them what happened and wrote a note apologizing for posting it without a signature. The customer never complained so all was ok. Another time during a different period at RM when I was only on collections, I left a special in my van overnight. But the person in the office should have noticed it was missing so it was a 50/50 mistake. Never heard anymore on that one either.
As has been said, it depends on the circumstances but nowadays I am ultra careful with all Specials as the consequences can be severe!
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
What outcome? Other than a lot of peeved customers.arnold cheshire wrote: one of our sa collection drivers left a full bag of specials in the van overnight
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Lost Special?
nothing he was let offnorm wrote:What outcome? Other than a lot of peeved customers.arnold cheshire wrote: one of our sa collection drivers left a full bag of specials in the van overnight
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
Blimey a full bag lol!
A colleague of mine signed for a special in a rural where he always signs for the customers stuff if he's not about and the dog found it and did something with it! Luckily the customer was cool about it and he just got a rap on the knuckles. I think it depends on how much the customer kicks off tbh.
A colleague of mine signed for a special in a rural where he always signs for the customers stuff if he's not about and the dog found it and did something with it! Luckily the customer was cool about it and he just got a rap on the knuckles. I think it depends on how much the customer kicks off tbh.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Lost Special?
he didnt lose them they were delayeddelfranklin1969 wrote:Blimey a full bag lol!
A colleague of mine signed for a special in a rural where he always signs for the customers stuff if he's not about and the dog found it and did something with it! Luckily the customer was cool about it and he just got a rap on the knuckles. I think it depends on how much the customer kicks off tbh.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
Could still be conducted with inexcusable delay of the mail I suppose.arnold cheshire wrote:he didnt lose them they were delayeddelfranklin1969 wrote:Blimey a full bag lol!
A colleague of mine signed for a special in a rural where he always signs for the customers stuff if he's not about and the dog found it and did something with it! Luckily the customer was cool about it and he just got a rap on the knuckles. I think it depends on how much the customer kicks off tbh.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=47724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Lost Special?
he wasnt conducted
-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost Special?
Like everything else in RM it depends on whether the Don/Lino got a bit the night before