ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
VR ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: VR ?
Retirement or redundancy - both you keep shares - and death 
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: VR ?
only if you are over 60newboy23 wrote:Would royal mail let me leave but still keep my shares as there looking to get rid of loads of people ? I dont want any kind of pay off just wana keep my shares lol
-
pj2001
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: VR ?
Nope...not true.arnold cheshire wrote:only if you are over 60newboy23 wrote:Would royal mail let me leave but still keep my shares as there looking to get rid of loads of people ? I dont want any kind of pay off just wana keep my shares lol
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: VR ?
he says he doesnt want a pay off so whats available then ?pj2001 wrote:Nope...not true.arnold cheshire wrote:only if you are over 60newboy23 wrote:Would royal mail let me leave but still keep my shares as there looking to get rid of loads of people ? I dont want any kind of pay off just wana keep my shares lol
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: VR ?
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2013/0 ... royal-mail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: VR ?
Purely from a business point of view it makes no sense to not give the free shares to people who resign... I'm sure their are plenty of posties who aren't entitled to VR but would gladly hand their notice in anyway if they at least got the incentive of keeping their free shares, saving the business a hell of a lot of money in redundancy payouts.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: VR ?
wacko74 wrote:Purely from a business point of view it makes no sense to not give the free shares to people who resign... I'm sure their are plenty of posties who aren't entitled to VR but would gladly hand their notice in anyway if they at least got the incentive of keeping their free shares, saving the business a hell of a lot of money in redundancy payouts.
The sentiment here may be agreeable, but unfortunately these share schemes are covered by legislation outside RM's control.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: VR ?
arnold cheshire wrote:he says he doesnt want a pay off so whats available then ?pj2001 wrote:Nope...not true.arnold cheshire wrote:only if you are over 60newboy23 wrote:Would royal mail let me leave but still keep my shares as there looking to get rid of loads of people ? I dont want any kind of pay off just wana keep my shares lol
If he officially retires then he can probably keep them. However, if he retires to keep the shares he can't work again, don't forget there is no longer a default retirement age, you can retire when ever you want. Its the state pension that pays out between 65-68 now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: VR ?
My understanding is that if you are 60 or over and leave, you are deemed to be retiring and so get to keep your shares. So the 3/5 year rule does not apply. I believe people of around that age all got letters not long after we got the first allocation stating that.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:arnold cheshire wrote:he says he doesnt want a pay off so whats available then ?pj2001 wrote:Nope...not true.arnold cheshire wrote:only if you are over 60newboy23 wrote:Would royal mail let me leave but still keep my shares as there looking to get rid of loads of people ? I dont want any kind of pay off just wana keep my shares lol
If he officially retires then he can probably keep them. However, if he retires to keep the shares he can't work again, don't forget there is no longer a default retirement age, you can retire when ever you want. Its the state pension that pays out between 65-68 now.
Sorry to be a geek but just to clarify:
The official state pension age for men is still 65 and at the time of writing this, it’s about 62 years & 8 months for women.
Women’s state pension age will continue to increase steadily until November 2018 when it will reach 65. From then on both genders will see it increase to 66 by October 2020.
It will increase to 67 between 2026 and 2028 and to 68 between 2044 and 2046. But don’t be surprised to see those dates, particularly the increase from 67 to 68, being brought forward.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: VR ?
I am watching that date with a beady eye - currently my retirement date is 2031- right in the firing line
Thanks for the clarification though.
Thanks for the clarification though.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: VR ?
So that makes you around 51 years old? I always thought you were much younger.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am watching that date with a beady eye - currently my retirement date is 2031- right in the firing line![]()
Thanks for the clarification though.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here