ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Partner taking the P**S
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Partner taking the P**S
My partner is taking the p**s and I don't know where to go with it as I might be classed a moaning git? I come in bang on time go on the ips when that's finished I have exactly 30 mins to prep my walk then go for my break. In the meantime my partner comes in and has 40 minutes to prep the walk and moans that nobody has touched the walk or put door to doors together, then I get off the partner is "We won't be able to lapse today" then the manager questions me why? now by this time I have got my partners mini york cleared out the ips and got my partners other box from the last wave all ready at the frame. I come out from my break 5/7mins early to see my partner chatting away with full time staff at the frame that way my partner is now falling behind. We are last out of the office every morning due to my partner yapping and p**sing about filling water bottles going to toilet and more yapping with colleagues. I am then chasing the walk all day due to getting out late.
One outside my partner don't care and has no intentions of just getting on with it, again my partner is pissin about outside stroking cats & dogs and messing with the phone. near the end of the walk there is a loop and its the situation who ever is first back crack on with it, guess what? its me everyday that cops for it. I can see my partner from some flats straggling along killing time so its not possible to get that last little loop.
Last two weeks my partner was off I had another guy with me he was fast , helpful and done the last loop nearly everyday and I did insist leave a part for me as I want to do my fair share.
The upshot of this rant is my partner has got this idea that "I do the same thing day in day out and I'm not arsed what the driver does" I have and many other drivers might agree we have to plan our day everyday around the walks and everyday is different but these walkers think "I'm alright Jack that's your problem"
I don't want to go bubbling my partner to the manager and when I mention things to my partner all I get is shouting and snapping at me. What can I do to sort this out anyone any ideas?
Some non drivers has the life of Riley really and couldn't give a toss about helping the drivers.Selfish! hopefully one day RM will get shut of these selfish non drivers because they are a waste of space really without a licence their only a burden.
One outside my partner don't care and has no intentions of just getting on with it, again my partner is pissin about outside stroking cats & dogs and messing with the phone. near the end of the walk there is a loop and its the situation who ever is first back crack on with it, guess what? its me everyday that cops for it. I can see my partner from some flats straggling along killing time so its not possible to get that last little loop.
Last two weeks my partner was off I had another guy with me he was fast , helpful and done the last loop nearly everyday and I did insist leave a part for me as I want to do my fair share.
The upshot of this rant is my partner has got this idea that "I do the same thing day in day out and I'm not arsed what the driver does" I have and many other drivers might agree we have to plan our day everyday around the walks and everyday is different but these walkers think "I'm alright Jack that's your problem"
I don't want to go bubbling my partner to the manager and when I mention things to my partner all I get is shouting and snapping at me. What can I do to sort this out anyone any ideas?
Some non drivers has the life of Riley really and couldn't give a toss about helping the drivers.Selfish! hopefully one day RM will get shut of these selfish non drivers because they are a waste of space really without a licence their only a burden.
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Might be worth taking the lapsing and doing it last. That way, dragging his feet, so you do the last loop, won't work; as you've still got a van trip to do to get there. Unless he doesn't care what time he finishes and likes claiming. If he's saying "We can't lapse", then I'm assuming he does like to be done.
Don't come off break early.
Don't come off break early.
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Your partner's attitude to work is his business, and that of his boss. It's FA to do with you. You're paid to work your hours, not to race around. Maybe you just need to readjust your own attitude. I'm a floater and 4 days a week I feel my partner nipping at my heels but the one day a week I'm partnered with a slowcoach is a dream. I have time to go to the loo, fill my water bottle, check I have the right jacket for the weather forecast. If we go over I claim. Simples.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Why are you rushing around to make up for lost time that your partner is causing? Focus on prepping your duty, doing your loops, your packets, if you have to cut-off because you think you'll overrun so be it.
I'm all for teamwork but when one person is carrying the other all the time, you have to stop. Only then will it become apparent where the issue lies and the powers above can intervene if need be.
I'm all for teamwork but when one person is carrying the other all the time, you have to stop. Only then will it become apparent where the issue lies and the powers above can intervene if need be.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Do you use your trolley?
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
I make him right, I wouldn't put in a little extra effort just to lapse and do some more work for free, you'd have to be mad to do that unless your walk is really short and you have lots of spare time and it's worth your while.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
You need to stop worrying about others. It's not your responsibility, it's your managers. If you want to finish on time then so be it, let your manager know you want to finish on time, then either agree to leave some in or cut off. It's that simple! Your manager might then be encouraged to sort him out for underperformance if necessary.
And NO you can't get sacked for doing things properly, taking your full break, and finishing on time providing you play by their rules.
And NO you can't get sacked for doing things properly, taking your full break, and finishing on time providing you play by their rules.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Partner taking the P**S
How many hours is your partner paid for?,you haven't explained what contract he is on.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
I've had many P&L partners like this, as soon as they see me as their buddy for the day (with the reputation as a bit of a grafter), they think they've got an easy day. I can work at a slower pace than any of them if I get the feeling they are taking the p. I would suggest you start stroking random dogs and sweet-talking random biddies too, if that's what he's doing already. If someone is really taking the p, I have walked practically the entire loop twice, carefully delivering their missorts!
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
I guess it depends who you're working with my partner is seen as probably the slowest in the office, thats why i chose to work with him - happy days. A nightmare when he's on holiday though people running along the road getting 2 loops ahead when theres no need.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Filling a water bottle and going to the toilet are perfectly acceptable parts of the working day. Especially when you're in a job where a bathroom and drinking water aren't readily available for long periods.
I'm the driver on my P&L and I feel no more a compulsion to rush around and get done than my partner. If we haven't got time to clear everything then we don't. Sometimes I get my loop done quicker and sometimes he get's his done quicker - what works for us is that we don't begrudge the other guy a 5 minute breather if he gets done first. And since we both use trolleys in the correct manner then there isn't many large packets that require me to drive round seperately with, two bags on a trolley is usually enough to fit a loops worth of packets and mail in. And if it's not we make smaller loops.
Can I ask if you and your partner have different break times? Because if they're the same but you're cutting your break short by 6/7 mins then surely your partner has still got 7 minutes or so to stand around yapping?
The biggest issue with P&L is when one of the posties wants to get finished early and the other doesn't mind working to his or her time.
I'm the driver on my P&L and I feel no more a compulsion to rush around and get done than my partner. If we haven't got time to clear everything then we don't. Sometimes I get my loop done quicker and sometimes he get's his done quicker - what works for us is that we don't begrudge the other guy a 5 minute breather if he gets done first. And since we both use trolleys in the correct manner then there isn't many large packets that require me to drive round seperately with, two bags on a trolley is usually enough to fit a loops worth of packets and mail in. And if it's not we make smaller loops.
Can I ask if you and your partner have different break times? Because if they're the same but you're cutting your break short by 6/7 mins then surely your partner has still got 7 minutes or so to stand around yapping?
The biggest issue with P&L is when one of the posties wants to get finished early and the other doesn't mind working to his or her time.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
I could understand his point a bit more if he meant put a little more effort in to get done a little early. But put more effort in just to lapse? Sod that, absorbing is a liberty with the walks we have these days, I don't do it and my walk is long enough that I will never make time to lapse again.
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
My partner is on 30 hrs we don't rush around like some say on here we work to our time basically if we can lapse we will but on Tuesday my partner thinks we won't lapse giving more time to mess about around the office and that's not on as far as i am concerned. Plus the fact the most days when I finish I do go back and help my partner but I have now clocked the more i do for my partner the more i have the day after, I seem to be doing a walk and a loop now, tomorrow could be a walk and two loops, the more I do the more i get the next day.. We have breaks at different times as well. We don't use trolleys to many flats.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Partner taking the P**S
I'd work with your partner over you any say of the week. Stop moaning and get on with it. You said yourself "the more i do for my partner the more i have the day after, I seem to be doing a walk and a loop now, tomorrow could be a walk and two loops, the more I do the more i get the next day" What do you want a medal? If it's that much of a hardship slow down.
Your partner has the right idea and why shouldn't he get water or pace himself just because you want to kiss your managers backside. Get a life and grow up. If this all all you have to worry about then you are a very lucky man and should be pleased!
Your partner has the right idea and why shouldn't he get water or pace himself just because you want to kiss your managers backside. Get a life and grow up. If this all all you have to worry about then you are a very lucky man and should be pleased!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Seems you were made in the same factory as my partner. Lazy.com - I kiss no managers ass by the way.Judgee wrote:I'd work with your partner over you any say of the week. Stop moaning and get on with it. You said yourself "the more i do for my partner the more i have the day after, I seem to be doing a walk and a loop now, tomorrow could be a walk and two loops, the more I do the more i get the next day" What do you want a medal? If it's that much of a hardship slow down.
Your partner has the right idea and why shouldn't he get water or pace himself just because you want to kiss your managers backside. Get a life and grow up. If this all all you have to worry about then you are a very lucky man and should be pleased!