ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mindset for a long busy day.
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Mindset for a long busy day.
Basicly I've agreed to do some regular overtime until the end of the month,around 3 hours extra a day plus my day off, I'm happy to do it because I really need the money, especially on my part time contract.
Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get a good mindset to get through the long days/week? Obviously the paycheck is one, im a hard worker, but I just can't motivate myself for the overtime but I need it lol
Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get a good mindset to get through the long days/week? Obviously the paycheck is one, im a hard worker, but I just can't motivate myself for the overtime but I need it lol
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Pay check? Are we in America now? Anyway,you seem to have answered your own question,it's all about the money.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Thumb up bum mind in neutral.
Switch off thinking about the whole shift and break it down into bite size chunk.
Street by street,door by door.
Obviously stay safe but also enjoy it,take all your breaks and don't rush.
Good luck

Switch off thinking about the whole shift and break it down into bite size chunk.
Street by street,door by door.
Obviously stay safe but also enjoy it,take all your breaks and don't rush.
Good luck
I won
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Thanks! I will do my best!
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Think of aw the extra pizza and beer ye will be able to neck.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Get plenty of sleep and you should be fine. Listen to some music and have a cup of tea or some high coco dark chocolate for the caffine if you can't stop.sophie97 wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get a good mindset to get through the long days/week? Obviously the paycheck is one, im a hard worker, but I just can't motivate myself for the overtime but I need it lol
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Don't burn yourself out by rushing too much, pace yourself and try and get plenty of sleep! And put yer feet up on Sunday!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Enjoy being out in the sunshine. 
(But remember to use sunscreen and hat, and drink plenty of water).
(But remember to use sunscreen and hat, and drink plenty of water).
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
tax man will love you 30% more than he does now because thats how much he will take from every penny overtime you do! 
-
Dozen
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Get some good music on your phone. Put the earbuds in and just crack on. I find having music in my headphones makes the time go by much quicker. If I get a van to myself, i'll drive around first getting rid of all the bigger packets. Then i'm left with just the bundles, that way ain't gotta stop every 3 minutes to faff about knocking on doors and getting signatures for the rest of the day 
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Don't look at your watch, and ignore the time. As soon as I start clock watching everything starts to drag.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
That must take forever, you're driving to all the houses you'd be going to with mail anyway!Dozen wrote:Get some good music on your phone. Put the earbuds in and just crack on. I find having music in my headphones makes the time go by much quicker. If I get a van to myself, i'll drive around first getting rid of all the bigger packets. Then i'm left with just the bundles, that way ain't gotta stop every 3 minutes to faff about knocking on doors and getting signatures for the rest of the day
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
Thanks everyone, I'm actually looking forward to it in a strange way, just hope my body can keep up
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Mindset for a long busy day.
I take lots of water and a couple packed lunches with me. I normally start my duty around 7am finish time is normally around 3pm. Offered everyday for overtime, normally work until 4/5 book a hour on top of whatever I do.
Make sure you have your normal break plus extra break as fully entitled to a longer paid break with overtime!
Make sure you have your normal break plus extra break as fully entitled to a longer paid break with overtime!