ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Losing a appeal

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ossie From Preston
Posts: 148
Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Losing a appeal

Post by Ossie From Preston »

I have just lost a appeal on a disability case regarding my disabled Mother, what is the next stage? can I go down the disability route outside RM or is that it. By the way I am covered by the disability equality act.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Losing a appeal

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Depending on the circumstance you may be able to take it to an employment tribunal, it would be worth calling acas for further advice
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Losing a appeal

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If in the Union also contact the branch equality officer for advice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.