ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Doing less hours
-
the mad woman
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 13:37
Doing less hours
Hi I work full time and want to do fewer hours due to age (62) are you allowed to just work one day a week less on same job what's the union stand on this how does right to flexible working work I'm on delivery
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Doing less hours
It'll depend on the individual ciircumstances of the office you work at, and whether or not the DOM is a twat. I reached an agreement with a previous DOM that I could reduce my hours with the proviso that I worked fewer days, and he stuck to it.
-
jess10
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Doing less hours
I did the same, although I don't think the new DOM would have gone for it. Still no harm in asking.Nondescript wrote:It'll depend on the individual ciircumstances of the office you work at, and whether or not the DOM is a twat. I reached an agreement with a previous DOM that I could reduce my hours with the proviso that I worked fewer days, and he stuck to it.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Doing less hours
All I ever seen is Royal Mail recruiting part-timers to save money
Therefore, Im sure if you wanted to reduce your hours they would be falling over themselves to give you the best round in the office as well!
Therefore, Im sure if you wanted to reduce your hours they would be falling over themselves to give you the best round in the office as well!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12184
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Doing less hours
Same in MCs as well, I think nearly all the full time staff that we've taken on over the last decade are those who've transferred from other officespostslippete wrote:All I ever seen is Royal Mail recruiting part-timers to save money
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Doing less hours
i'd be surprised if they would but a day off of you, afaik they but the hours in blocks of 10
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP