ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Saturday Guarantee Specials
-
ssiscool
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 12 Jun 2015, 10:55
- Gender: Male
Saturday Guarantee Specials
Hiya, I've been doing delivery now for over 5 years. On occasions you get specials with the yellow SG sticker on it. Obviously a Saturday Guarantee so 1pm sign. So what about other specials on a saturday? Are they still 1pm signs? I always treat them as a 1pm sign to cover my back. But then if normal ones are guarenteed for 1pm on a sat, why have the SG stickers?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
There are regularly mixed answers on here regarding Sat reg,some don't take them at all on a Sat except the guaranteed ones.
At my place we take them all,but it does seem that some offices don't.
At my place we take them all,but it does seem that some offices don't.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
This has been discussed to death. Most don't think they should be done on a saturday ( me included), but they have been told to do them by 1pm so they do.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
Speaking as a customer, if I want to send something on a friday for next day delivery I pay for SG. If I specifically DO NOT want it delivered on the saturday. I DON'T pay for SG and have every right to have it delivered on the monday. It really p's me off when it's attempted on the saturday when the receiver isn't in and either doesn't get it on the monday as I want, or has to pick it up from their local DO at great inconvenience to them, upsetting us both. 
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
NewPostieUK wrote:Speaking as a customer, if I want to send something on a friday for next day delivery I pay for SG. If I specifically DO NOT want it delivered on the saturday. I DON'T pay for SG and have every right to have it delivered on the monday. It really p's me off when it's attempted on the saturday when the receiver isn't in and either doesn't get it on the monday as I want, or has to pick it up from their local DO at great inconvenience to them, upsetting us both.
If you read the product specs by posting it in a friday you do not have every right to have it delivered on the monday, the product spec is very clear on this, it is guaranteed for delivery by 1pm on monday and as such delivery before then including saturday, it is just not guaranteed for Saturday delivery, if you are unhappy you should choose a service that delivers it when you want and should not be upset when you choose a service which doesn't offer what you want and performs as it's advertised providing exactly the service you bought but did not actually want
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
I once asked my manager why we have to deliver them by 1pm on Saturday and he said even though in reality they don't fail, the system is rubbish and they still flag up as a failure.
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
Spot onzx135 wrote:NewPostieUK wrote:Speaking as a customer, if I want to send something on a friday for next day delivery I pay for SG. If I specifically DO NOT want it delivered on the saturday. I DON'T pay for SG and have every right to have it delivered on the monday. It really p's me off when it's attempted on the saturday when the receiver isn't in and either doesn't get it on the monday as I want, or has to pick it up from their local DO at great inconvenience to them, upsetting us both.
If you read the product specs by posting it in a friday you do not have every right to have it delivered on the monday, the product spec is very clear on this, it is guaranteed for delivery by 1pm on monday and as such delivery before then including saturday, it is just not guaranteed for Saturday delivery, if you are unhappy you should choose a service that delivers it when you want and should not be upset when you choose a service which doesn't offer what you want and performs as it's advertised providing exactly the service you bought but did not actually want
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
Doesn't the product spec say 'Next Working Day'? That would be the Monday.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
working in the callers office as I do we do get some Specials that come through on a Saturday with " PLEASE DELIVER ON MONDAY" written on them.
these then get retained until Monday.
these then get retained until Monday.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
Moot point anyway whether Sat Guarantee or not - who the hell hasn't finished by 13:00 on a Saturday anyway???
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
So correct me if I'm wrong - the SG sticker is for Mail Centre and DO internal staff to be aware that these Specials MUST go through on Sat while the rest of the Specials can wait till Monday if needed for instance if traffic is heavy and they don't have time to process them?
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
If it wasn't an issue the question wouldn't arise. In our office a lot of deliveries are still 1 or 2 loops to go by 1pm Sat especially on a busy one.bustedflush wrote:Moot point anyway whether Sat Guarantee or not - who the hell hasn't finished by 13:00 on a Saturday anyway???
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12184
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
The SG stickers mean nothing in MCs, if a special arrives in a MC on Friday night it gets dispatched to the relevant DO no matter whether its a SG or not. The system sees any special posted in Friday as having failed if not attempted on the Saturday it doesn't record if the item is a SGmeercat wrote:So correct me if I'm wrong - the SG sticker is for Mail Centre and DO internal staff to be aware that these Specials MUST go through on Sat while the rest of the Specials can wait till Monday if needed for instance if traffic is heavy and they don't have time to process them?
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
What a balls up. What's the point in having a self-imposed SG option when that makes every other SD item we (correctly) deliver on Monday by 1pm a 'failure'? Total BS from RM.SpacePhoenix wrote:
The SG stickers mean nothing in MCs, if a special arrives in a MC on Friday night it gets dispatched to the relevant DO no matter whether its a SG or not. The system sees any special posted in Friday as having failed if not attempted on the Saturday it doesn't record if the item is a SG
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
I have NEVER finished that early (OK, maybe once at Christmas). I rarely finish by my proper finish time of 2pm.bustedflush wrote:Moot point anyway whether Sat Guarantee or not - who the hell hasn't finished by 13:00 on a Saturday anyway???