ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
sorting while sitting
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
sorting while sitting
kid you not
acting yes acting lm told colleague today you would not have a problem with sorting rates if you did not sit down when prepping frames
you would manage quicker if you stood up all the time to prep
what is the union stance on this pish then
acting yes acting lm told colleague today you would not have a problem with sorting rates if you did not sit down when prepping frames
you would manage quicker if you stood up all the time to prep
what is the union stance on this pish then
-
brockleylion
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Feb 2009, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
Is quicker to sort while standing FACT.
-
Villadaft
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
Brockley is right in fact I would take the chairs away from the sorting and prepping of jobs, you want a seat take one in your meal relief
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
I like to sit when doing my re-directions, seems our office gets most of its complaints regarding this so I find it easier doing these correctly sitting on my butt.Villadaft wrote:Brockley is right in fact I would take the chairs away from the sorting and prepping of jobs, you want a seat take one in your meal relief
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
You sure you're OK with us having a meal relief?Villadaft wrote:Brockley is right in fact I would take the chairs away from the sorting and prepping of jobs, you want a seat take one in your meal relief
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: sorting while sitting
brockleylion wrote:Is quicker to sort while standing FACT.
No thats an opinion not a fact. It may be fact that you sort quicker standing (I do) but people are different.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
Why?Villadaft wrote:Brockley is right in fact I would take the chairs away from the sorting and prepping of jobs, you want a seat take one in your meal relief
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: sorting while sitting
Villadaft wrote:Brockley is right in fact I would take the chairs away from the sorting and prepping of jobs, you want a seat take one in your meal relief
Lets hope your an under-informed postie rather than a Manager who should know all the facts and figures.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=42968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Inward Flow ?
and the people in these official pictures have all been sacked.Wait till he goes to the indoor flow presentation.
All IPS sorters are supposed to be seated.![]()
1200mm [1.2m) is needed for a person to retrieve a tray from a stored York container and carry it behind a seated sorter.


and lets not forget the Ergonomic Review of Seating http://www.cwu.org/50030/ergonomic-revi ... ating.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But hey ho if managers know best..................
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
Isn't there a ruling somewhere that seats have to be provided.
For ages now cashiers at supermarkets have the option to stand or sit.
I have noticed though that unlike the old IPS frames the new ones don't have stools integrated into them.
For ages now cashiers at supermarkets have the option to stand or sit.
I have noticed though that unlike the old IPS frames the new ones don't have stools integrated into them.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
Being stood up sorting screws My back up.Spend enough time on My feet delivering thank you.I will sit down at any chance I get.The person saying take chairs away and make people stand is selfish and inconsiderate.
-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
Royal Mail IPS and delivery frames are not ergonomic at all, I'm only 5'8" and I find stooping at my frame painful, how those taller than me cope I don't know. On the other side of things we have one girl in our office who has to stand on trays to reach the top row of her frame, she's asked loads of times to have an extra section put in so that the top row can be done away with.scoobydo79 wrote:Being stood up sorting screws My back up.Spend enough time on My feet delivering thank you.I will sit down at any chance I get.The person saying take chairs away and make people stand is selfish and inconsiderate.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
So what does Your health and safety rep say about a girl standing on empty cassettes just to reach her frame?That shouldnt be happening should it?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: sorting while sitting
scoobydo79 wrote:So what does Your health and safety rep say about a girl standing on empty cassettes just to reach her frame?That shouldnt be happening should it?
Your rep says no this should not happen. If the girl slips and damages her ankle then its a blame worthy.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
brockleylion
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Feb 2009, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
As a health and safety rep in a delivery office no one should be standing on boxes to reach on frames,which enhances the argument that sitting to sort on the ips is not as quick as standing this is where I base my fact statement,reaching upwards isn't as quick as placing In front we work work safely and in a controlled way not taking risks with our health. Some folks need to sit and others prefer to stand just think it's quicker if standing not better.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: sorting while sitting
Isn't it 33 per minute on IPS? I can do 45 sitting down or I can stand up and do 33 - you choose!