Morning everyone,
So, I start work with the Royal Mail on Monday and now that I passed the interview and the security checks I can cheekyly ask a few questions reguarding pay.
I am going to be working part time (25hours a week) as a postperson with driving in London and I am 38 years old. How much is the starting salary? Do I get paid the first week with the wages going straight into my bank or do I have to work one week in hand or wait several days after next Friday before I get any money?
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
postperson with driving money question
-
952397997
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 21 Nov 2011, 14:38
- Gender: Male
Re: postperson with driving money question
if you start on monday you will get paid your basic on friday which will be 25 hours if thats what your contract says your hourly rate should be on your contract
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: postperson with driving money question
Congrats on getting the job.
Work your basic hours the first 4 - 6 weeks until you're comfortable with the job, then after that you can jump on the docket train and see your wages jump.
With working in London I imagine you could make up 70hrs a week easily with all the offices within close proximity of eachother.
Work your basic hours the first 4 - 6 weeks until you're comfortable with the job, then after that you can jump on the docket train and see your wages jump.
With working in London I imagine you could make up 70hrs a week easily with all the offices within close proximity of eachother.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: postperson with driving money question
Hi, we get paid during the week we work. It's paid into your bank account just after midnight on Thursday, all being well. My first day was a Thursday and I was very surprised to get home after my first day at work to find a payslip waiting for me, and I was paid not only for working that day, but for the following Fri and Sat that week as well! i was completely expecting to have it a week in arrears. However, if you do any overtime hours, that is paid to you the week after you work it.
-
Dave74
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: postperson with driving money question
Thank you everyone
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: postperson with driving money question
Good luck!Dave74 wrote:driving in London
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: postperson with driving money question
Dave,Dave74 wrote:Morning everyone,
So, I start work with the Royal Mail on Monday and now that I passed the interview and the security checks I can cheekyly ask a few questions reguarding pay.
I am going to be working part time (25hours a week) as a postperson with driving in London and I am 38 years old. How much is the starting salary? Do I get paid the first week with the wages going straight into my bank or do I have to work one week in hand or wait several days after next Friday before I get any money?
Thanks
You get paid your London Weighting right from the first day
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: postperson with driving money question
if you do perform any docket/overtime keep track of it in a diary or similar. then make sure what you did is on next weeks payslip
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP