Hi,
Currently our office is going through a lot of revisions and now most of the part time starting hours have changed depending on your contract.
Before I used to start at 8:30 and 8 on a Saturday. However now,
Monday 9:13 - 13:43
Tuesday 9:18 - 13:18
Wed - Fri 9:37 - 14:07
and Sat 9:00 - 13:30.
It has already begun to affect my daily commute as I used to miss all the school traffic but now takes me double the time to get there. I was nearly late today when usually I am 10 mins early.
When we have to start at 9:37 (people on 20 hour contracts have to start at 10:07) we've been getting phone calls to see if we can meet our partner on the walk because usually they have finished bagging up by 8:30/9.
I'm thinking of getting a transfer to my local office, but at the same time I do like everyone where I work. Hopefully they will see the times don't work and hopefully it will go back to normal.
Any one else having issues in their office with starting times?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Starting Hours
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Starting Hours
If you don't like the new starting times why did your office agree to them?
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Starting Hours
do we get a choice?zx135 wrote:If you don't like the new starting times why did your office agree to them?
ours have been tweaked around with last couple of years, and supposed to be shifting again.
never once have we had a say in it, its just forced on us, those with childcare issues were told to look for alternative employment
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Starting Hours
you have a choice on any changes within your office, if dom proposes a change and you dont like it, get the rep to put in a stage 1 disagreement on the offices behalf and follow through the IR process.korky wrote:do we get a choice?zx135 wrote:If you don't like the new starting times why did your office agree to them?
ours have been tweaked around with last couple of years, and supposed to be shifting again.
never once have we had a say in it, its just forced on us, those with childcare issues were told to look for alternative employment
-
buttonbag
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 23:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Starting Hours
We didn't get a choice, there was just a notice on the board when we got in last Monday.
Us part timers hardly ever get informed of anything, most of the time we hear it from other people. This is because the group meetings are on Tuesday before we get to work. We have asked several times for us to be involved in meetings, like getting us to start 30 mins before or something like that but it never happens.
Us part timers hardly ever get informed of anything, most of the time we hear it from other people. This is because the group meetings are on Tuesday before we get to work. We have asked several times for us to be involved in meetings, like getting us to start 30 mins before or something like that but it never happens.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Starting Hours
buttonbag wrote:We didn't get a choice, there was just a notice on the board when we got in last Monday.
Us part timers hardly ever get informed of anything, most of the time we hear it from other people. This is because the group meetings are on Tuesday before we get to work. We have asked several times for us to be involved in meetings, like getting us to start 30 mins before or something like that but it never happens.
so when the notice went up on monday morning, when you immediately went to the rep to get him to put in a stage 1 disagreement and insist on the status quo what did he say?
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Re: Starting Hours
I don't really see how this got through like this. I mean how can you meet your park & loop partner out on delivery? For a start you can't use your car, so how does it work?
As has been asked, didn't you goto rep and complain, and why did the rep agree to these times if all p&l go out together and finish together?
Seems as though your DOM has not worked this out correctly, if your rep won't help contact your area rep.
As has been asked, didn't you goto rep and complain, and why did the rep agree to these times if all p&l go out together and finish together?
Seems as though your DOM has not worked this out correctly, if your rep won't help contact your area rep.
-
payetwhu
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 31 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Starting Hours
Mines also been changed today been coming in 7 but got told today to come in at 9.30 tomorrow
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Starting Hours
I would imagine meeting you're partner out on the walk is just to accommodate certain staff members (six day a week mob) so they don't have to hang around waiting on you coming in. Refuse to do it full stop.
Sounds like some of the stupid "long and shorts" they had at my old office. How does the days off work? Do people really have to hang around till after 10 for there partners? What about breaks?
Part-timers getting pooped on as usual.
Sounds like some of the stupid "long and shorts" they had at my old office. How does the days off work? Do people really have to hang around till after 10 for there partners? What about breaks?
Part-timers getting pooped on as usual.
-
buttonbag
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 23:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Starting Hours
Well I've been on holiday for two weeks and I came back and all this was happening. I spoke to the other guys who are on the same hour contract as me and asked what they have been doing.
Thankfully so far I've been working with other part timers so we go out at the same time but on Thursday I will be with a full timer so we will see what happens.
Our Union rep works night and works on the machines so by the time I get there he is gone and I don't get the chance to speak to him.
My colleagues have refused to go out in their cars, their partner just comes back and picks them up.
It seems ridiculous to me, I will try and catch the rep before he leaves.
Thankfully so far I've been working with other part timers so we go out at the same time but on Thursday I will be with a full timer so we will see what happens.
Our Union rep works night and works on the machines so by the time I get there he is gone and I don't get the chance to speak to him.
My colleagues have refused to go out in their cars, their partner just comes back and picks them up.
It seems ridiculous to me, I will try and catch the rep before he leaves.