ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pre-employment check question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dave74
Posts: 42
Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
Gender: Male

Pre-employment check question

Post by Dave74 »

Hi people,

Quick question.
When I finally passed my job interview for the role of postperson with diving I recieved an email telling me that they would now proceed to pre-employment checks and would get back to be if successful.The email stated that the checks could last up tp 14 working days. That was 13 days ago and I have still not recieved any further news. I am starting to think that I have failed the checks. (Could be that I am working cash in hand on my present job?) and they could not verify my employment history? Do they get back to you if the checks fail?

Should I start looking for a different job? I feel really disappointent.

Thanks
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Pre-employment check question

Post by GT85 »

If you look in the new starters section you will see that this subject seems to be popping up constantly. You will be told if you have passed or failed but the recruitment process takes a long time, often much longer than they advise, so I wouldn't necessarily read anything into a delay.
We're all here because we're not all there
Dave74
Posts: 42
Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Pre-employment check question

Post by Dave74 »

Thanks GT85
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Pre-employment check question

Post by Jpro747 »

Don't worry this happens to everyone, I was told 5 weeks after my interview that I'd got the job.

When you become an employee at Royal Mail you will realise that they take forever to do anything.
Dave74
Posts: 42
Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Pre-employment check question

Post by Dave74 »

LOL thanks Jpro747