ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
I was looking at jobs and after some of the workplaces it says 'Delivery office', but after some it says 'MPU' and others something like 'ML4' or 'NPC9'.
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
Mail Processing Unit - we are one and we have CSS machines, so its just a delivery office with CSS machines.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12184
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
MPU is short for Mail Preparation Unit. Generally it's DOs where CSS machines are located
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
Excellent, thanks. So, as a regular part time postman, it wouldn't make any difference to my job? (I'm thinking of applying for a transfer and it's XXXX MPU rather than XXXX DO).
-
swindonandy
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
- Gender: Male
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
MPUs are as already stated. ML4 and NPC9 are management contract gradesNewPostieUK wrote:I was looking at jobs and after some of the workplaces it says 'Delivery office', but after some it says 'MPU' and others something like 'ML4' or 'NPC9'.
-
villan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
How are you able to look at jobs? I can't access internal vacancies since they "upgraded" it because I don't have a "Royal Mail Windows PC logon". I'd be surprised if more than 5% of delivery office staff have a Royal Mail Windows PC logon. So I expect that the vast majority of posties are now unable to view internal vacancies.NewPostieUK wrote:I was looking at jobs and after some of the workplaces it says 'Delivery office', but after some it says 'MPU' and others something like 'ML4' or 'NPC9'.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
I just entered my payroll number and the password. It then let my choose my own password. Now it works fine. I can enter a postcode and search for jobs within so many Km.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
https://performancemanager.successfacto ... cation=ufi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just checked and there's nothing about Windows PC login. It should be accessible to anyone with an internet connection. What browser are you using?
You aren't using tablet or something are you? Try a proper PC!
Just checked and there's nothing about Windows PC login. It should be accessible to anyone with an internet connection. What browser are you using?
You aren't using tablet or something are you? Try a proper PC!
-
villan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
I'm using Google Chrome on a "proper PC". If I enter my 8 digit payroll number as my username and my NI number for the password (last letter in lower-case), as specified on myroyalmail.com, I then get presented with another logon screen, with link address https://royalmail.onelogin.com/login. If I try the same username/password combination again on this new logon screen I get the message "Invalid username or password".NewPostieUK wrote:https://performancemanager.successfacto ... cation=ufi
Just checked and there's nothing about Windows PC login. It should be accessible to anyone with an internet connection. What browser are you using?
You aren't using tablet or something are you? Try a proper PC!
If I then click the USER ASSISTANCE link it tells me that:
"This logon page must only be used by Royal Mail employees who have a Royal Mail Windows PC logon."
-
chri5w
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Jun 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
Did anyone find out about this? I am having exactly the same problem. If I select reset password the screen then tells me no such email address is registered, even though I have just successfully logged into RoyalMail.com to order some new uniform.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
Success Factors is separate and needs a different password I think.
I can log into uniform site here: https://duos.dimensionscorporatewear.co ... sCookies=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and Success Factors here: https://performancemanager.successfacto ... Method=PWD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Both are separate accounts, different passwords, and no need to log into Royalmail.com
I can log into uniform site here: https://duos.dimensionscorporatewear.co ... sCookies=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and Success Factors here: https://performancemanager.successfacto ... Method=PWD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Both are separate accounts, different passwords, and no need to log into Royalmail.com
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
It is Mail Preparation Unit and these units always have CSS machines in them.SpacePhoenix wrote:MPU is short for Mail Preparation Unit. Generally it's DOs where CSS machines are located
-
Postman jimmy
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 21 Nov 2012, 19:26
- Gender: Male
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
Postie for 18 years still here and loving it lol., looking to study something maybe , while I continue RM , but thing is what's good to study in this time something worthwhile not to mention useful . All I know is the postie game all those years back as the cadet . Also do Rm do any funding .
Any help or infor is greatly appreciated .
Any help or infor is greatly appreciated .
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
Exactly the same with us.villan wrote:I'm using Google Chrome on a "proper PC". If I enter my 8 digit payroll number as my username and my NI number for the password (last letter in lower-case), as specified on myroyalmail.com, I then get presented with another logon screen, with link address https://royalmail.onelogin.com/login. If I try the same username/password combination again on this new logon screen I get the message "Invalid username or password".NewPostieUK wrote:https://performancemanager.successfacto ... cation=ufi
Just checked and there's nothing about Windows PC login. It should be accessible to anyone with an internet connection. What browser are you using?
You aren't using tablet or something are you? Try a proper PC!
If I then click the USER ASSISTANCE link it tells me that:
"This logon page must only be used by Royal Mail employees who have a Royal Mail Windows PC logon."
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: What is 'MPU'? (after delivery office name)
This happend to me. If you can sit at a PC at work and call IT support speak to them, if no tryvillan wrote:How are you able to look at jobs? I can't access internal vacancies since they "upgraded" it because I don't have a "Royal Mail Windows PC logon". I'd be surprised if more than 5% of delivery office staff have a Royal Mail Windows PC logon. So I expect that the vast majority of posties are now unable to view internal vacancies.NewPostieUK wrote:I was looking at jobs and after some of the workplaces it says 'Delivery office', but after some it says 'MPU' and others something like 'ML4' or 'NPC9'.
To log in from home, first screen is pay number and NI number; Second screen, username is what it to log in to a PDA e.g. "james.t.kirk" and the default password is apparently Password1