Hi all,
I have just recieved an email telling me that my pre-employment checks are being carried out and that if successful, I will attend an induction day.
I applied for the role of postperson with driving.
What can I expect on the induction day? At the interview I did mention that I was currently employed. Would I have to take a day off?
Any tips?
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Induction day. Whats that all about?
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?
The induction day is your first day working for RM you will cover health and safety etc
All the best
All the best
-
Dave74
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?
Thanks terry2972 :)
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?
You'll probably have to go to your nearest mail centre where you will be put in a group of about 8 new starts. You'll spend the day watching videos, doing H&S demonstrations, tour of the Mail centre. It is pretty boring so bring some matchsticks.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?
My induction day was the day before I was officially taken on. You might have to take more than a day off.Dave74 wrote:Hi all,
I have just recieved an email telling me that my pre-employment checks are being carried out and that if successful, I will attend an induction day.
I applied for the role of postperson with driving.
What can I expect on the induction day? At the interview I did mention that I was currently employed. Would I have to take a day off?
Any tips?
Thanks
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?
I thought it was always your first day as I got paid for it in my first week's wages ?Newbie001 wrote:My induction day was the day before I was officially taken on. You might have to take more than a day off.Dave74 wrote:Hi all,
I have just recieved an email telling me that my pre-employment checks are being carried out and that if successful, I will attend an induction day.
I applied for the role of postperson with driving.
What can I expect on the induction day? At the interview I did mention that I was currently employed. Would I have to take a day off?
Any tips?
Thanks
-
Dave74
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?
Thanks people
-
plymouth3
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 06 Jul 2010, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?
don't forget to take your bank details.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?
You get paid for your induction day, so don't let some scumbag manager convince you otherwise.