ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

applied for VR

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bolton1969
Posts: 61
Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 18:13

applied for VR

Post by bolton1969 »

We had 1 Voluntary redundancy in our office a few months back. I applied in writing to the DOM for it but it went to a more senior member who has now officially gone on VR terms.

I never received any confirmation that I had not been successful. I would have thought I would have at least received a letter from the department in Chesterfield saying I was unsuccessful. Secondly I understand if your not successful you go onto a bumping list.

Has anyone ever received any confirmation of an unsuccessful request for VR or if they have been placed on the bumping list.

Thanks
pj2001
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
Gender: Male

Re: applied for VR

Post by pj2001 »

All done on seniority, you cannot jump the queue by volunteering. Bumping is also based the same way, so why would you get a letter?
bolton1969
Posts: 61
Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 18:13

Re: applied for VR

Post by bolton1969 »

I have no problem with seniority and am not looking to jump the queue. All I wanted to know was as there were a few of us who had our details sent to chesterfield what happens when your not successful. Do you go onto a bumping list.

If you apply for a job you get something in writing saying either you got it or not, so I don't see what the problem is expecting some form of communication when you apply officially for VR, even if its just to say you have not been selected.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: applied for VR

Post by baldrick »

These days people applying for jobs don't usually get a reply telling them they have been unsuccessful. Usually only if they have got the job.

If the VR has been given to the most senior applicant(s) there won't need to be a 'bumping' list. if any more VRs become available they would have to be readvertised for everyone who is eligible, not just those who applied and were unsuccessful last time.
zola4ever
Posts: 74
Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
Gender: Male
Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE

Re: applied for VR

Post by zola4ever »

IF there are any EVRs going, me first ! Done over 30 years and I 'm really p...ed off with the job. All Royal Mail want is more more more. Had enough now, just give me the money and I'm gone. :evil/mad