ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Induction day. Whats that all about?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dave74
Posts: 42
Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
Gender: Male

Induction day. Whats that all about?

Post by Dave74 »

Hi all,

I have just recieved an email telling me that my pre-employment checks are being carried out and that if successful, I will attend an induction day.
I applied for the role of postperson with driving.
What can I expect on the induction day? At the interview I did mention that I was currently employed. Would I have to take a day off?
Any tips?

Thanks
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?

Post by terry2972 »

The induction day is your first day working for RM you will cover health and safety etc
All the best
Dave74
Posts: 42
Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?

Post by Dave74 »

Thanks terry2972 :)
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?

Post by Jpro747 »

You'll probably have to go to your nearest mail centre where you will be put in a group of about 8 new starts. You'll spend the day watching videos, doing H&S demonstrations, tour of the Mail centre. It is pretty boring so bring some matchsticks.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?

Post by Newbie001 »

Dave74 wrote:Hi all,

I have just recieved an email telling me that my pre-employment checks are being carried out and that if successful, I will attend an induction day.
I applied for the role of postperson with driving.
What can I expect on the induction day? At the interview I did mention that I was currently employed. Would I have to take a day off?
Any tips?

Thanks
My induction day was the day before I was officially taken on. You might have to take more than a day off. :chuckle
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?

Post by jimmynailsalive »

Newbie001 wrote:
Dave74 wrote:Hi all,

I have just recieved an email telling me that my pre-employment checks are being carried out and that if successful, I will attend an induction day.
I applied for the role of postperson with driving.
What can I expect on the induction day? At the interview I did mention that I was currently employed. Would I have to take a day off?
Any tips?

Thanks
My induction day was the day before I was officially taken on. You might have to take more than a day off. :chuckle
I thought it was always your first day as I got paid for it in my first week's wages ?
Dave74
Posts: 42
Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?

Post by Dave74 »

Thanks people
plymouth3
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 119
Joined: 06 Jul 2010, 18:45
Gender: Male

Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?

Post by plymouth3 »

don't forget to take your bank details.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Induction day. Whats that all about?

Post by Nondescript »

You get paid for your induction day, so don't let some scumbag manager convince you otherwise.