ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lost a tracked item
-
Stevo1985
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 09 Sep 2013, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Lost a tracked item
Just wondering I think I may have lost a tracked item. I remember thinking I seen it in the frame but when I got to the road there wasn't 1. I'm not to sure if it's my mind playing tricks on me. What happens if the manager asked if I missed a tracked item and its lost??
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a tracked item
Perhaps it was put in a P&L partners bag by mistake?
Was there a letter turned for the tracked? perhaps you had the tracked a previous day? Ive done that a few times, thinking I had missed a track, when I had actually delivered it a previous day!
Was there a letter turned for the tracked? perhaps you had the tracked a previous day? Ive done that a few times, thinking I had missed a track, when I had actually delivered it a previous day!
-
Stevo1985
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 09 Sep 2013, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a tracked item
I was doing it on overtime for only 2day. But I was thinking when bundling up il take that out. But it may have been for a different road. Just annoying when u can't remember. As I couldn't have dropped it really anywhere. What happens if they say I missed a tracked item ?
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a tracked item
Happened to me a couple of times, especially when you work in a different office. Management are so paranoid about tracks not getting brought back they'll get someone to go to you're frame and take some tracks. Won't even bother telling you. Or maybe I just bring too many back 
-
Stevo1985
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 09 Sep 2013, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a tracked item
Do you get just a slap on the wrist for a lost tracked item?
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Lost a tracked item
What's the constant nagging about this 90 percent tracked getting done , is it to trigger bonuses for certain ppl , does anyone know? After this pitiful efficiency bonus does anyone really wanna knock on loadsx neighbours doors?
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a tracked item
I'm of the opinion it's to ensure your manager gets HIS bonus!Chelseablue wrote:What's the constant nagging about this 90 percent tracked getting done , is it to trigger bonuses for certain ppl , does anyone know? After this pitiful efficiency bonus does anyone really wanna knock on loadsx neighbours doors?
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a tracked item
Wondered why our tracked never goes below 90%. must send out someone out each day to get it above that figure
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: Lost a tracked item
If it was on today's workload then it would have been scanned ready for delivery, if you have lost/misplaced the item then expect to be Questioned about it am ie/ did you/didn't you deliver it, if there is NO scan for delivery expect it to go to ConductStevo1985 wrote:Just wondering I think I may have lost a tracked item. I remember thinking I seen it in the frame but when I got to the road there wasn't 1. I'm not to sure if it's my mind playing tricks on me. What happens if the manager asked if I missed a tracked item and its lost??
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a tracked item
Think you're scaring him unnecessarily. As I said before (if there even was a tracked, could be poor memory) chances are someone else delivered it. If it comes down to being questioned, which I doubt. There was no track in any of his bags END OF.Glenno wrote:If it was on today's workload then it would have been scanned ready for delivery, if you have lost/misplaced the item then expect to be Questioned about it am ie/ did you/didn't you deliver it, if there is NO scan for delivery expect it to go to ConductStevo1985 wrote:Just wondering I think I may have lost a tracked item. I remember thinking I seen it in the frame but when I got to the road there wasn't 1. I'm not to sure if it's my mind playing tricks on me. What happens if the manager asked if I missed a tracked item and its lost??![]()
-
matta
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a tracked item
You had no tracked is the correct answer, it could have been lost in the office, sent out as missort or packet driver if you have one didnt scan it! No point getting yourself in trouble its up to the managers to prove you were responsible which they cant if you deny all knowledge
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a tracked item
If a 48hr Tracked is attempted delivery the day after posting, it doesn't go down as a failure. just another way of massaging the figures.eastie wrote:Wondered why our tracked never goes below 90%. must send out someone out each day to get it above that figure
-
Clashman
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28
Re: Lost a tracked item
What was the outcome ?? I think every office deals with things differently anyway so a question like this will get a mixed bag of answers
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north