As the title explains.
I passed my interview and the assessment and I am now in the process of filling out job history details. Thing is, that I have worked in the same place for over five years as I mentioned in the interview, but it has been cash in hand. Yet not claiming benefits. So I will now be unable to produce a P45 if asked to do so. Has that ruined my application, for failure to mention the said cause to interviewer?
Please I hope am wrong.
What do you think?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Have I ruined my job application
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
swindonandy
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Have I ruined my job application
You'll have records from your self assessed tax bill though?
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Have I ruined my job application
I might be wrong, but don't think there is any tax being paidswindonandy wrote:You'll have records from your self assessed tax bill though?
-
Cbeebies
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 20 May 2015, 08:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Have I ruined my job application
Doubt it has ruined your application, I think just get a p46 filled out
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Have I ruined my job application
How much cash in hand were you earning?
You still have to declare it to the tax man otherwise you face prosecution.
You still have to declare it to the tax man otherwise you face prosecution.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Have I ruined my job application
Not producing a p45 won't affect you getting the job,
However
The 5 year employment history is for partly security background checks so not being able to prove that may stop you getting the job
Not paying tax on your income is also a crime, if you have not been paying tax that could also potentially cause problems if laws were being broken
However
The 5 year employment history is for partly security background checks so not being able to prove that may stop you getting the job
Not paying tax on your income is also a crime, if you have not been paying tax that could also potentially cause problems if laws were being broken
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Have I ruined my job application
As a priority declare your previous income to the HMRC. If you haven't been earning much you may not have to make any back-payment, depends if your employer was paying NI contributions or if you were signing-on to make them?
https://www.gov.uk/report-cash-in-hand-pay
https://www.gov.uk/working-for-yourself/overview
If you get the job make sure you are put on the correct tax code or you could end up paying more tax.
https://www.gov.uk/report-cash-in-hand-pay
https://www.gov.uk/working-for-yourself/overview
If you get the job make sure you are put on the correct tax code or you could end up paying more tax.