ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

OH Assisst

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

OH Assisst

Post by phronsias »

~Hi


Hi
I haven't posted in a while, health problems I cant go into.
My question is, has OH Assist got a good cop, bad cop approach ? because of my illness I've had a lot of contact with OH Assist , most of which has been very supportive but I had a call yesterday to make a back to work plan, well that's what I thought, she started asking me questions about my condition, I tried to answer as best I could, but she got annoyed with me, I was surprised at how little she knew about my condition, in the end she said she wanted a report from my GP. Does anyone know what's going on here?
Thanks in advance
PS she made a remark about my accent, and then said "so you've come over here"
caraidalba
Posts: 20
Joined: 06 Nov 2010, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: OH Assisst

Post by caraidalba »

Hi phronsias.

As a rep I have done a number of cases involving OH and rehab programs. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with this one.
Unfortunately, it is a situation where you can end up with a bad or ignorant case worker. You can certainly make a complaint against this person - I know, since I have had a member doing so, and he got an apology from OH, and another case worker took over his one.
I must say, based on what you have put down, I would advice you to complain. Even without knowing your circumstances, it is a stressful time, and is not helped when OH are not doing their job!
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: OH Assisst

Post by spiderj »

Without judging or hearing the call I'd say complain.

As given what you've stated is a major issue.

I had one oh assist person be the same with me and her attitude was unacceptable, I ended up correcting her at the time and she apologised.

It may help to bear in mind oh assist are paid by RM so they will have the company's interests at heart not yours.

Good luck and hope you have support outside RM,if not perhaps look into that.
I won
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: OH Assisst

Post by phronsias »

Hi Guys
Thanks for your replies.
I received the consent form from OH for access to my GP records. I'll put the complaint.
All the best
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: OH Assisst

Post by Chelseablue »

A few of the senior guys with a bit of service are struggling with joint problems, hip, knees , shoulders . This new way of working seems to be bringing on a whole lot of work related injuries etc and is only going to get worse . Alł about profit tho eh folks .