ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Young DOM
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Young DOM
Well He wont have much experience.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Young DOM
Might have lots of education though. Good luck to the young lad!scoobydo79 wrote:Well He wont have much experience.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Young DOM
An education doesnt get You communication skillsgreengiant wrote:Might have lots of education though. Good luck to the young lad!scoobydo79 wrote:Well He wont have much experience.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: Young DOM
scoobydo79 wrote:An education doesnt get You communication skillsgreengiant wrote:Might have lots of education though. Good luck to the young lad!scoobydo79 wrote:Well He wont have much experience.
no, but experience does.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Young DOM
Precactly Shaders!!!
-
Bishbashbbosh
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Young DOM
He seems pretty switched on and gets on with most people. I'm just worried he's young and will be 'moulded' by what his 'superiors' want
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Young DOM
Does not matter how old he is, it is how he manages. I would rather have a new manager that has respect that an of an "experienced" one that has non and uses all the old crap that they pass down.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Young DOM
Mid-20's usually lacks judgement, taking at face value what (s)he's told.

-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Young DOM
Young Dom there's no need to feel down
Lasping and they'll do what they're told
It's OK as you're not very old
There no need to be ha P P Y
Altoghter now...
Its fun at the I I p s
Lol
Seriously age and experience won't count for much as the entire company is too rigid in its approach to everything the main sticking point is people,you can't have a one size fits all approach.
My tuppence worth.
Lasping and they'll do what they're told
It's OK as you're not very old
There no need to be ha P P Y
Altoghter now...
Its fun at the I I p s
Lol
Seriously age and experience won't count for much as the entire company is too rigid in its approach to everything the main sticking point is people,you can't have a one size fits all approach.
My tuppence worth.
I won
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Young DOM
We had a young DOM once - an aggressive bully trying to climb the tree. He was very close to getting several people the sack for smacking him one (edit: not that they did hit him but they were getting close to it)
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Young DOM
We had a very young Dom (think he was 19) ! covering ours for about a week a few months back.
He came across as a nice guy but was sadly a jobs worth.
Out on delivery he suddenly appeared. I thought there must be some kind of problem if he had came and found me out on the round, but he said he was supposed to shadow at least one person on there rounds basically to check they were doing there job properly! He followed me with a clip board taking notes ( I only had a few drops before going back to the van to await my partner to head to the next loop). Anyway back at the office he informed me I had been walking to fast and that counted as rushing!!
He came across as a nice guy but was sadly a jobs worth.
Out on delivery he suddenly appeared. I thought there must be some kind of problem if he had came and found me out on the round, but he said he was supposed to shadow at least one person on there rounds basically to check they were doing there job properly! He followed me with a clip board taking notes ( I only had a few drops before going back to the van to await my partner to head to the next loop). Anyway back at the office he informed me I had been walking to fast and that counted as rushing!!
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
mondeo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Young DOM
you couldn't make this up could you, the worlds gone madda'bunny wrote:We had a very young Dom (think he was 19) ! covering ours for about a week a few months back.
He came across as a nice guy but was sadly a jobs worth.
Out on delivery he suddenly appeared. I thought there must be some kind of problem if he had came and found me out on the round, but he said he was supposed to shadow at least one person on there rounds basically to check they were doing there job properly! He followed me with a clip board taking notes ( I only had a few drops before going back to the van to await my partner to head to the next loop). Anyway back at the office he informed me I had been walking to fast and that counted as rushing!!