Hi all,
Quick question.
4 weeks ago I attended a job interview for postperson/driver. I produced my counterpart driving licence and yesterday I recieved an email asking me to take my driving licence to the royal mail managers office. When I got there and gave my driving licence photocopy to the manager he said that I had passed the interview. I did not ask him what that meant (should have). Question is, what does interview passed mean? Is it that I am shortlisted? got the job?....
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I passed my interview. Now what?
-
BexyB9
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
- Gender: Female
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
Well done. You should get an email soon explaining everything.
-
Dave74
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
Sorry don't want to sound amateurish but does it really mean i GOT the job or is it 90% that I got it? I am really excited. sorry :) lol
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
it means you have got the job and they are just waiting for you to get a start date. :)
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
Dave74 wrote:Sorry don't want to sound amateurish but does it really mean i GOT the job or is it 90% that I got it? I am really excited. sorry :) lol
Yes you poor sod - it seems like you are 'in'.....
Welcome to the house of pain. We had 2 new starters 5 weeks ago. One lasted 2 weeks, one 4. Both miraculously found new jobs sharpish!
Apparently only 1-in-9 will start and still be there 6 months later.
I hope you have a good office, understanding partner etc. when you begin. Be prepared to be thrown in the deep end, be tired and often under stress.
Your training will be patchy and minimal.
Unlike most jobs it starts hard and gets progressively easier as you find your feet. Make sure you meet your union rep and get him/her to look out for you and fend off any management p!ss-taking.
Good Luck!
-
Dave74
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 05 May 2015, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
oh thats great. Thanks people :) Now my daughter can call me postman pat :)
-
kiltwalker
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 17 Apr 2015, 14:53
- Gender: Male
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
Sounds like you got the job.
Just so you go into things with your eyes open...
1. Induction tells you about Royal Mail and how fab they are. They say it's an 8 hour day, but could easily be crammed into a morning. We got no 'actual' training.
2. First day at local delivery office, you're probably straight into a walk with an experienced postie, showing you the ropes. There was none of the promised training.
3. Prepare to be bamboozled by the loops and layouts, especially in older streets, where nothing makes any sense whatsoever.
4. Wear well-worn-in shoes. You WILL be knackered unless you do a lot of walks cross country.
5. Your 'experienced' postie will probably be more of a lesson in 'what not to do'.
6. All the posties I met or have worked with hate the job but keep doing it.
7. Your line manager probably won't introduce themselves to you.
8. I wish you all the best.
Just so you go into things with your eyes open...
1. Induction tells you about Royal Mail and how fab they are. They say it's an 8 hour day, but could easily be crammed into a morning. We got no 'actual' training.
2. First day at local delivery office, you're probably straight into a walk with an experienced postie, showing you the ropes. There was none of the promised training.
3. Prepare to be bamboozled by the loops and layouts, especially in older streets, where nothing makes any sense whatsoever.
4. Wear well-worn-in shoes. You WILL be knackered unless you do a lot of walks cross country.
5. Your 'experienced' postie will probably be more of a lesson in 'what not to do'.
6. All the posties I met or have worked with hate the job but keep doing it.
7. Your line manager probably won't introduce themselves to you.
8. I wish you all the best.
-
Celtic warrior
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
I thought your name was Dave...Dave74 wrote:oh thats great. Thanks people :) Now my daughter can call me postman pat :)
Well done
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
I passed my interview but was then put on a 3 month waiting list until I started. My sister on the other hand also passed the interview, went on a 3 month waiting list but never got a job at the end of it because there were no vacancies.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
There were only two of us at my induction, think we finished by about midday. Training consisted of pushing a york down a line of frames and then turning around to come back again. Other than that we had a lunch break and were told about the danger of parcel bombs.kiltwalker wrote:Sounds like you got the job.
Just so you go into things with your eyes open...
1. Induction tells you about Royal Mail and how fab they are. They say it's an 8 hour day, but could easily be crammed into a morning. We got no 'actual' training.
-
kiltwalker
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 17 Apr 2015, 14:53
- Gender: Male
Re: I passed my interview. Now what?
Aah. We were told the manual handling training would be done on our first day at delivery officestan_lers wrote:There were only two of us at my induction, think we finished by about midday. Training consisted of pushing a york down a line of frames and then turning around to come back again. Other than that we had a lunch break and were told about the danger of parcel bombs.kiltwalker wrote:Sounds like you got the job.
Just so you go into things with your eyes open...
1. Induction tells you about Royal Mail and how fab they are. They say it's an 8 hour day, but could easily be crammed into a morning. We got no 'actual' training.