ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
lapsing
-
sjnb6
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
- Gender: Male
lapsing
On informing dim that I would be unable to take lapsing today he said that it had to be delivered. And if you wanted to cut off then you would have to bring back your own delivery. You could of course book extended. Is that correct regarding the lapsing.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: lapsing
DOM's want you to deliver your Lasping first, hoping that you will not cut off on your own walk if you are going to go over and upset some of your own customers.
so yes, he is right, do the Job how your DOM tells you to :)
just bring back part of your walk that your can't complete.
so yes, he is right, do the Job how your DOM tells you to :)
just bring back part of your walk that your can't complete.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: lapsing
Doe's it matter whether it's a lapsed part of another delivery or your normal delivery, if there is NO capacity to complete ALL, then inform MNGT accordingly (over running procedure) it's all about time 7hrs 48mins F/Tsjnb6 wrote:On informing dim that I would be unable to take lapsing today he said that it had to be delivered. And if you wanted to cut off then you would have to bring back your own delivery. You could of course book extended. Is that correct regarding the lapsing.
-
vigilante
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: dangerously close
Re: lapsing
Dim's have to explain why they have not lapsed properly(because members have said they cannot do it that day) and there is a cost to get this completed.
so easy way out to keep DSMs off their back is to fail part of members own delivery that the DSM doesn't get to find out about. Cover up!
so easy way out to keep DSMs off their back is to fail part of members own delivery that the DSM doesn't get to find out about. Cover up!
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing
Tell HRH justsayit@royalmail.com
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: lapsing
Lapsing is a crime against humanity .. end of ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Re: lapsing
Most of this week I have been by myself doing half a P&L Tracked and specials on the other loop. Today I was told to lapse and leave more packets.
Some packets have been sitting there for two days until done on OT by someone . Mail has to go said manager, I thought packets were covered by the USO,
manager says rather leave packets and starts rambling on about 2nd class and what Mail centres do.
Could someone point me to a document to print out if I'm right as I'm not happy leaving packets to lapse. I thought lapse was if there is capacity
not at the expense of normal work. or is this a case of figure fiddling.
Thanks
Some packets have been sitting there for two days until done on OT by someone . Mail has to go said manager, I thought packets were covered by the USO,
manager says rather leave packets and starts rambling on about 2nd class and what Mail centres do.
Could someone point me to a document to print out if I'm right as I'm not happy leaving packets to lapse. I thought lapse was if there is capacity
not at the expense of normal work. or is this a case of figure fiddling.
Thanks
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing
Pre-determined lapsing ? I didn't think that was allowed.sjnb6 wrote:On informing dim that I would be unable to take lapsing today he said that it had to be delivered. And if you wanted to cut off then you would have to bring back your own delivery. You could of course book extended. Is that correct regarding the lapsing.
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing
Pre-determined lapsing ? I didn't think that was allowed.sjnb6 wrote:On informing dim that I would be unable to take lapsing today he said that it had to be delivered. And if you wanted to cut off then you would have to bring back your own delivery. You could of course book extended. Is that correct regarding the lapsing.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: lapsing
We have a new lapsing regime kicking in soon, where even though there is a track record of impossible workloads (struggling to finish on time, even if reduced 318 scheduled indoor work takes place, or any work time learning on Tuesdays), duties are being marked down to take some lapsing. 
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: lapsing
email your manager confirming the saliant points of the discussion and cc in the moya
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP