ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part time contract
-
Swarrensearle
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 26 Aug 2013, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Part time contract
Hi all I am on a 3 month temporary part time contract. 24 hours a week. Currently doing near 40 as contract suppose to be wed-sat but in mon- sat at 6.15 every morning. From September I will have to do school runs so what are the chances of if they renew my contract I a couple of weeks they allow me to do 9-3 instead of 8.15-14.15
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Part time contract
Swarrensearle wrote:Hi all I am on a 3 month temporary part time contract. 24 hours a week. Currently doing near 40 as contract suppose to be wed-sat but in mon- sat at 6.15 every morning. From September I will have to do school runs so what are the chances of if they renew my contract I a couple of weeks they allow me to do 9-3 instead of 8.15-14.15
Sorry mate that's something none of us can answer on here, but you can apply for Family Friendly through Rm> Put a good case together (for Royal Mail not you
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Part time contract
Like many employers in recent times, RM really expect you to have no other life apart from being at their 'beck and call', but are not willing to contract you as such. In my experience you have to take the position that the job doesn't matter to you as much as your own life. If you make it clear to them that you have to be done by 3 for child care then you will probably get your way with a consequent reduction in actual worked hours per week AND a lowering of standing in the pecking order. Towards Xmas they will greet you with open arms, however, if you offer to do some overtime where convenient for you.
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Part time contract
It's worth asking them about, considering how much OT you do. So long as the mail goes out, I'm sure they'll work it for you. Trouble will come into paradise on heavy days, when you tell them you can't go past 3pm.
-
Johnozzy39
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 03 Jun 2015, 17:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Part time contract
Hi guys, I got an email today from Royal Mail saying I've got to sign a p13 form because some forms were missing or not signed .
I went for interview few weeks ago , does this mean I've got the job?
One more question, what's the chances of getting kept on after the 3 months fixed term contract .?
I went for interview few weeks ago , does this mean I've got the job?
One more question, what's the chances of getting kept on after the 3 months fixed term contract .?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Part time contract
Obviously we can't say with 100% certainty that you have the job, but we sign that declaration every year so its looking good.Johnozzy39 wrote:Hi guys, I got an email today from Royal Mail saying I've got to sign a p13 form because some forms were missing or not signed .
I went for interview few weeks ago , does this mean I've got the job?
One more question, what's the chances of getting kept on after the 3 months fixed term contract .?
Being kept on - high if you work well, but they tend to keep extending the contract by 3 months (or multiples) for at least 2 years, sometimes more.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Johnozzy39
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 03 Jun 2015, 17:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Part time contract
Great , thanks for the reply.
My only concern would be trying get mortgage on fixed term contract.
I'm hoping I get the job , I'll go tomorrow morning and sign the form.
My only concern would be trying get mortgage on fixed term contract.
I'm hoping I get the job , I'll go tomorrow morning and sign the form.