I've recently as of this week put in a transfer request to Glasgow delivery office
Question is how lo g untill you hear back from the office you want to transfer too?
How long can it take to transfer and can you take special leave as I will be moving from Oxfordshire to glasgow
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
transfer
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: transfer
have you applied online for a internal vacancy in the delivery office you are going to?
if not then everything is unofficial and there is no set answers for your questions
if not then everything is unofficial and there is no set answers for your questions
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: transfer
Are there many tenements/blocks of flats in Oxfordshire? If not, I'd seriously reconsider your transfer request as some of the Glasgow duties are absolutely brutal, consisting almost entirely of four and a half hours of hiking up and down North-face-of-the-Eiger steep staircases in dangerously dimly lit tenements. If you do decide to go ahead, don't forget to bring your miner's torch. 
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: transfer
You could wait ages. I'm sure the agreement says something like if theirs any vacancies for full time or part time extra hours they have to offer part time staff an increase of hours before letting someone transfer in
-
pulling13
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 21 May 2014, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: transfer
Hello again all,
Thanks for your reply, yea there was a vacancy on the royal mail site for a vacancy in Glasgow and I personally applied for it online,
We need to move up so if it's high rises so be it, good job I cycle a lot and do 80-100 miles in one day so leg strength hopefully would be ok, maybe after a few weeks I could start cycling on my day off if it's that much of a killer, I'm 30 and believe my fitness levels are of good standard
Thanks for your reply, yea there was a vacancy on the royal mail site for a vacancy in Glasgow and I personally applied for it online,
We need to move up so if it's high rises so be it, good job I cycle a lot and do 80-100 miles in one day so leg strength hopefully would be ok, maybe after a few weeks I could start cycling on my day off if it's that much of a killer, I'm 30 and believe my fitness levels are of good standard
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: transfer
That'll change lolpulling13 wrote:Hello again all,
Thanks for your reply, yea there was a vacancy on the royal mail site for a vacancy in Glasgow and I personally applied for it online,
We need to move up so if it's high rises so be it, good job I cycle a lot and do 80-100 miles in one day so leg strength hopefully would be ok, maybe after a few weeks I could start cycling on my day off if it's that much of a killer, I'm 30 and believe my fitness levels are of good standard
And how are you with junkies?
Depends on the area,hopefully you are applying for a nice one.
I won
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: transfer
The best way to go about this in my recent experience,is to bypass the official system and speak directly to the office concerned,preferably in person. The other alternative is to speak to the Area CWU Representative. I recall reading recently that the transfer system was declared by the CWU ,as, " not fit for purpose". What they are doing about it, however ,remains to be seen..