ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
working over
-
lucky escape
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 21:48
- Gender: Female
working over
Hi I'm doing a van shared duty at the moment,it's tight on time and some days goes over. I don't want to book i've got plenty to do and would rather finish on time. I've told the manager this but he keeps saying you shouldn't be going over on that job but if you do book. I've tried explaining about not wanting to and if people do book they don't always get it paid. Where do I stand on this,I'm feeling guilty now about not working over and today I was made to feel like I was a trouble maker.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: working over
If you feel you cannot complete, either cut off or agree with your manager to get paid to do the overtime. Don't let them bully you into working for free, and never feel guilty - it's not your problem. You can't be forced to work overtime. However, you MUST use the correct procedure for cutting off, which can be found on here somewhere (use the search).
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: working over
A gentle reminder because of a deleted post: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ongoing actions that make more work for the Moderators and Administrators or regularly annoy other members and require moderator action will not be tolerated.If banning you is easier than dealing with the problems you are causing, you will be banned.
- If certain people can't offer advice when its asked for then start a new thread, don't post material that only adds to the stress of the OP.
Ongoing actions that make more work for the Moderators and Administrators or regularly annoy other members and require moderator action will not be tolerated.If banning you is easier than dealing with the problems you are causing, you will be banned.
- If certain people can't offer advice when its asked for then start a new thread, don't post material that only adds to the stress of the OP.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: working over
RM want everyone to work over that is their plan. If walks cannot be completed in time and everyone has to work over to complete it means they are not paying a penny more than people work.
Of course their plan falls flat when people refuse to work over and that is why management bully and harass people into working late.
I would like the union to make a stand on this. Perhaps instead of promoting a days "do your job properly " campaign they could make it a year long thing. Then and only then would management give up on these ridiculous sized walks and unnecessary bullying!
If you don't want to work over you do not have to and you do not have to make up excuses. You do need to tell them as soon as you realise you will not complete.
Follow the rules and they cannot touch you. You are only a victim if you let them treat you like one!
Of course their plan falls flat when people refuse to work over and that is why management bully and harass people into working late.
I would like the union to make a stand on this. Perhaps instead of promoting a days "do your job properly " campaign they could make it a year long thing. Then and only then would management give up on these ridiculous sized walks and unnecessary bullying!
If you don't want to work over you do not have to and you do not have to make up excuses. You do need to tell them as soon as you realise you will not complete.
Follow the rules and they cannot touch you. You are only a victim if you let them treat you like one!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: working over
Dont feel guilty about only working your contracted hours, we brought two loops back today, told the DIM before we went out what would happen but didnt want to listen.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: working over
My DOM said to me today that when he was a postie people never dreamed of cutting off
What a pratt
What a pratt
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: working over
That was probably before RM decide to try and kill off it's employees with unfair workloads?!eastie wrote:My DOM said to me today that when he was a postie people never dreamed of cutting off
What a pratt
I didn't cut off for the first eight years of working for RM it was never necessary.
Cut of lots since the last revision a few years back and now they are in the process of another where they want to take out even more walks!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: working over
Making you feel bad displays poor management skills.lucky escape wrote:Hi I'm doing a van shared duty at the moment,it's tight on time and some days goes over. I don't want to book i've got plenty to do and would rather finish on time. I've told the manager this but he keeps saying you shouldn't be going over on that job but if you do book. I've tried explaining about not wanting to and if people do book they don't always get it paid. Where do I stand on this,I'm feeling guilty now about not working over and today I was made to feel like I was a trouble maker.
In a nutshell you only have to work your hours but be careful about how you approach it.
You could always ask to help by checking the figures he has for everyone else's finish time versus workload? And watch the face crumple
I won
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Re: working over
Yet again another thread on a long standing problem in delivery !!!! Why, Oh why, does our union at national level not accept the problem exists throughout the country ( not an isolated probem ) and sit down with Moya et al and put a stop to this unfair daily intimidation that goes on in DO's by often by over stressed managers - must be said!! Come on Bob Gibson, earn your keep and take up this challenge !!! I cannot understand why you continue to do NOTHING on a subject you should easily solve and convincingly win,
-
Krafty
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: working over
I totally agree with the above.tommyrep wrote:Yet again another thread on a long standing problem in delivery !!!! Why, Oh why, does our union at national level not accept the problem exists throughout the country ( not an isolated probem ) and sit down with Moya et al and put a stop to this unfair daily intimidation that goes on in DO's by often by over stressed managers - must be said!! Come on Bob Gibson, earn your keep and take up this challenge !!! I cannot understand why you continue to do NOTHING on a subject you should easily solve and convincingly win,
I'm on leave with stress at the moment because of two years of constant harassment over my delivery, which is impossible to finish on time nearly every day of the week.
Union rep was no help what so ever!