And no I haven't been sacked....
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Extra Shares...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Extra Shares...
As you probably know we're getting 4 extra shares which come from "bad leavers". Was just wondering how people feel about this and also I was interested in the legal position if there are any bad leavers out there willing to give us an insight into the timescales involved, do they wait for any potential ET to run its course and has anyone who's been sacked thought about a legal challenge to keep their shares.
And no I haven't been sacked....
And no I haven't been sacked....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
I'm a bit surprised to be honest. I thought all proceeds from bad leavers were going straight back to RM's piggy bank. I don't want to see anyone sacked or forced out, but I do think the shares should be spread among the workforce, if it's between that and back to RM executives.
Curious to know how many bad leavers equates to 4 shares for the remaining workforce.
Curious to know how many bad leavers equates to 4 shares for the remaining workforce.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Extra Shares...
well the latest report from RM says there are 130,100 employees - so that means roughly 3.5 shares each (to take in to account new starters and Pt/FT ratio).
Thats roughly 455350 shares and FTimers should have 729 shares = 625 bad leavers if they were all FT.
Thats roughly 455350 shares and FTimers should have 729 shares = 625 bad leavers if they were all FT.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
We get 4 shares, I wonder if figures are available for how many 'Bad leavers' there have been, we can then work out how many shares RM are actually keeping, giving us 4 shares just to say they have been 'Shared out'!
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
You're wasted here. Get yourself on Only Connect.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:well the latest report from RM says there are 130,100 employees - so that means roughly 3.5 shares each (to take in to account new starters and Pt/FT ratio).
Thats roughly 455350 shares and FTimers should have 729 shares = 625 bad leavers if they were all FT.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
Weren't the workforce always supposed to get 10% of the shares? If so surely sharing out the 'bad leaver' shares is only the correct procedure to keep that percentage intact.
The rules of SIP's clearly state that there are penalties for leaving within certain time frames i.e 3 or 5 years, that does not just apply to the RM employee share allocation!
The rules of SIP's clearly state that there are penalties for leaving within certain time frames i.e 3 or 5 years, that does not just apply to the RM employee share allocation!
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
swindonandy
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
Where was it mentioned that we were getting these 4 extra shares?
Do these mature at the same date as the existing ones or is it 3 or 5 years from when they are added?
Do these mature at the same date as the existing ones or is it 3 or 5 years from when they are added?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Extra Shares...
thats wrongBarnsleyLackey wrote:I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
Why?arnold cheshire wrote:thats wrongBarnsleyLackey wrote:I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
Have a look at page 23: https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ochure.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;BarnsleyLackey wrote:Why?arnold cheshire wrote:thats wrongBarnsleyLackey wrote:I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra Shares...
Thanks for pointing that out. I'd heard differently. Though it does make the term bad leaver a bit of a misnomer.RobertT wrote:Have a look at page 23: https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ochure.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;BarnsleyLackey wrote:Why?arnold cheshire wrote:thats wrongBarnsleyLackey wrote:I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: Extra Shares...
Fish you really are a card, 4 EXTRA shares, wowee, it has probably been given thanks to the bad leavers in the last financial year, end of mate, no worries, ask no questions tell no liesfishtank wrote:As you probably know we're getting 4 extra shares which come from "bad leavers". Was just wondering how people feel about this and also I was interested in the legal position if there are any bad leavers out there willing to give us an insight into the timescales involved, do they wait for any potential ET to run its course and has anyone who's been sacked thought about a legal challenge to keep their shares.
And no I haven't been sacked....
and while we are at it why have you not been sacked, you money grabbing, rule breaking, do what you want piece of s**t (LOL)