ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Extra Shares...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Extra Shares...

Post by fishtank »

As you probably know we're getting 4 extra shares which come from "bad leavers". Was just wondering how people feel about this and also I was interested in the legal position if there are any bad leavers out there willing to give us an insight into the timescales involved, do they wait for any potential ET to run its course and has anyone who's been sacked thought about a legal challenge to keep their shares.

And no I haven't been sacked.... :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

I'm a bit surprised to be honest. I thought all proceeds from bad leavers were going straight back to RM's piggy bank. I don't want to see anyone sacked or forced out, but I do think the shares should be spread among the workforce, if it's between that and back to RM executives.
Curious to know how many bad leavers equates to 4 shares for the remaining workforce.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

well the latest report from RM says there are 130,100 employees - so that means roughly 3.5 shares each (to take in to account new starters and Pt/FT ratio).

Thats roughly 455350 shares and FTimers should have 729 shares = 625 bad leavers if they were all FT.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by masterblaster »

We get 4 shares, I wonder if figures are available for how many 'Bad leavers' there have been, we can then work out how many shares RM are actually keeping, giving us 4 shares just to say they have been 'Shared out'!
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:well the latest report from RM says there are 130,100 employees - so that means roughly 3.5 shares each (to take in to account new starters and Pt/FT ratio).

Thats roughly 455350 shares and FTimers should have 729 shares = 625 bad leavers if they were all FT.
You're wasted here. Get yourself on Only Connect.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6694
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by RobertT »

Weren't the workforce always supposed to get 10% of the shares? If so surely sharing out the 'bad leaver' shares is only the correct procedure to keep that percentage intact.
The rules of SIP's clearly state that there are penalties for leaving within certain time frames i.e 3 or 5 years, that does not just apply to the RM employee share allocation!
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
swindonandy
Posts: 126
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by swindonandy »

Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by fly-catchers »

Where was it mentioned that we were getting these 4 extra shares?
Do these mature at the same date as the existing ones or is it 3 or 5 years from when they are added?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by arnold cheshire »

BarnsleyLackey wrote:
swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.
thats wrong
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

arnold cheshire wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:
swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.
thats wrong
Why?
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6694
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by RobertT »

BarnsleyLackey wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:
swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.
thats wrong
Why?
Have a look at page 23: https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ochure.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

RobertT wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:
swindonandy wrote:Bad leavers is a bit of an off description. Anyone who left the business is a "bad leaver" because they left before they get their shares passed over. So someone who finds a job elsewhere and quits is a "bad leaver" and we get their shares split between us. Am I bothered by that, no.
I think it's bad leaver as in, getting sacked, walking out without working notice. If you quit and work your notice, you're a good leaver.
thats wrong
Why?
Have a look at page 23: https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... ochure.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for pointing that out. I'd heard differently. Though it does make the term bad leaver a bit of a misnomer.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: Extra Shares...

Post by Glenno »

fishtank wrote:As you probably know we're getting 4 extra shares which come from "bad leavers". Was just wondering how people feel about this and also I was interested in the legal position if there are any bad leavers out there willing to give us an insight into the timescales involved, do they wait for any potential ET to run its course and has anyone who's been sacked thought about a legal challenge to keep their shares.

And no I haven't been sacked.... :chuckle
Fish you really are a card, 4 EXTRA shares, wowee, it has probably been given thanks to the bad leavers in the last financial year, end of mate, no worries, ask no questions tell no lies

and while we are at it why have you not been sacked, you money grabbing, rule breaking, do what you want piece of s**t (LOL)

:wave :wave