ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Poal after 20 years service

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Billyboots
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 May 2015, 17:12
Gender: Male

Poal after 20 years service

Post by Billyboots »

I have purchased 6 weeks leave for many years now. I completed 20 years service on 17.05.2015 when should I stop having money deducted from my wages. I have been told by other members it will carry on until the next year's annual leave. If this is not true who do I need to contact ?
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Poal after 20 years service

Post by baldrick »

What you were told is correct. You are paying for your extra purchased leave for this year. You will get the (20 years) 6 weeks AL from next leave year, and your payments will be ceased at beginning of next financial year, April 2016.
You don't need to contact anyone, it should be done automatically by the wages people.
ihatedogs
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 547
Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
Gender: Male

Re: Poal after 20 years service

Post by ihatedogs »

Just to add, this years payment should have gone down noticeably as you have reached twenty years service so early in the financial year.Check your previous wage slips and you should see the difference.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Poal after 20 years service

Post by arnold cheshire »

Billyboots wrote:I have purchased 6 weeks leave for many years now. I completed 20 years service on 17.05.2015 when should I stop having money deducted from my wages. I have been told by other members it will carry on until the next year's annual leave. If this is not true who do I need to contact ?
the payments should stop has you will be entitled to just short of 6 weeks this annual leave probably 5 weeks 4 days anyway you shouldnt be paying full poal
Billyboots
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 May 2015, 17:12
Gender: Male

Re: Poal after 20 years service

Post by Billyboots »

Still unsure conflicting answers. Poal is deducted at £6.87 has been the same for many years. I have noticed on my holiday form Basic entilement is 30 days but my Purch leave is still showing as 6 days is this where the mistake maybe? Surley if I carry on paying until next year I am going to be £322.89 (47 weeks x 6.87) out of pocket.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Poal after 20 years service

Post by arnold cheshire »

Billyboots wrote:Still unsure conflicting answers. Poal is deducted at £6.87 has been the same for many years. I have noticed on my holiday form Basic entilement is 30 days but my Purch leave is still showing as 6 days is this where the mistake maybe? Surley if I carry on paying until next year I am going to be £322.89 (47 weeks x 6.87) out of pocket.
yes you should have only being purchasing 4 days to make it from five weeks and one day (26 days) to six weeks ( 30 days )
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Poal after 20 years service

Post by aiden01 »

Billyboots wrote:I have purchased 6 weeks leave for many years now. I completed 20 years service on 17.05.2015 when should I stop having money deducted from my wages. I have been told by other members it will carry on until the next year's annual leave. If this is not true who do I need to contact ?
started shortly befoe you mate you should have gained at least 2 days on your a/l so payments should start coming down soon :thumbup :thumbup
pgtips
Posts: 51
Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Poal after 20 years service

Post by pgtips »

Billyboots wrote:I have purchased 6 weeks leave for many years now. I completed 20 years service on 17.05.2015 when should I stop having money deducted from my wages. I have been told by other members it will carry on until the next year's annual leave. If this is not true who do I need to contact ?
Payments should stop when you hit 20 yr service but they will add any unpaid absences to extend this,if in doubt contact H.R & they will confirm a date when payments cease :wink:
Billyboots
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 May 2015, 17:12
Gender: Male

Re: Poal after 20 years service

Post by Billyboots »

Just a quick update for anyone in the same position the payment ceased about 2 weeks after 20years after thinking I could possibly be paying for another year was pleased with the outcome.