ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
parcel for neighbour
-
trevjim
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
- Gender: Male
parcel for neighbour
I've got a parcel for your next door neighbour:
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: parcel for neighbour
why was someone else filming it ? set uptrevjim wrote:I've got a parcel for your next door neighbour:
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: parcel for neighbour
yes its a comedy sketch not a real delivery.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: parcel for neighbour
For the public to be making videos like this just shows how many are getting fed up with having their doors knocked everyday for neighbors parcels!
In the future i can see loads putting notes up saying do not knock unless its for me!
In the future i can see loads putting notes up saying do not knock unless its for me!
-
framusjsx
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Re: parcel for neighbour
haha that cracked me up
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: parcel for neighbour
I hope they do. that'll blow their 'delivery first time' out the water.halfull wrote:For the public to be making videos like this just shows how many are getting fed up with having their doors knocked everyday for neighbors parcels!
In the future i can see loads putting notes up saying do not knock unless its for me!
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: parcel for neighbour
I didnt just mean royal mail knocking neighbors i mean all couriers, its getting crazy for some people, i have seen dpd deliver to a neighbor then 2 mins later i have knocked the same neighbor & the look on their face is one of "im getting sick of this!"daveyeff wrote:I hope they do. that'll blow their 'delivery first time' out the water.halfull wrote:For the public to be making videos like this just shows how many are getting fed up with having their doors knocked everyday for neighbors parcels!
In the future i can see loads putting notes up saying do not knock unless its for me!
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: parcel for neighbour
Some couriers I.e. myhermes only get paid once parcel is delivered whereas royal mail get paid regardless of whether its delivered or not
With our network we are able to do this for the convenience of our customers - also a USP because a lot of customers work and may actually prefer - yes prefer - to pick their own parcels up from the depot
With our network we are able to do this for the convenience of our customers - also a USP because a lot of customers work and may actually prefer - yes prefer - to pick their own parcels up from the depot
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: parcel for neighbour
More people are refusing. I had one friday, asked will she take one, nope, not for her she said, she doesn't ever speak to me. Another the other week said which neighbour, when I replied his words, not for those C**** I won't. My ears were severely hurt. I'm only doing what I am pressured to do, wonder if I could get compensation?
-
mondeo18lx
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 31 Dec 2006, 17:54
Re: parcel for neighbour
Got this pinned to a door last week,knocked on a couple of times previously,oops!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: parcel for neighbour
Surely we've all seen these notes pinned to the doors, as we're not the only ones out there trying neighbours. I don't take a note like this to mean try no neighbours ever, it's just that a very small number of residents, as in this case, may be seen as "a evil witch" by those next door to them. This note was visible from the libelled neighbour's door and was removed by the next time I went there, as were the remnants of the 'please return items to delivery office' sticker below it - maybe they all made friends with each other after all?
I still don't knock at no 42 just in case tho, maybe she'd turn me into a toad.
I still don't knock at no 42 just in case tho, maybe she'd turn me into a toad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: parcel for neighbour
a bloke in a white shirt with a hi viz on with a resealed fed ex parcel and the neighbour opens the door to quicktrevjim wrote:I've got a parcel for your next door neighbour:
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: parcel for neighbour
halfull wrote:For the public to be making videos like this just shows how many are getting fed up with having their doors knocked everyday for neighbors parcels!
In the future i can see loads putting notes up saying do not knock unless its for me!
I got fed up with knocking on neighbours doors, so no i refuse to do it
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: parcel for neighbour
Where's the time, anyway?borgpicard wrote:halfull wrote:For the public to be making videos like this just shows how many are getting fed up with having their doors knocked everyday for neighbors parcels!
In the future i can see loads putting notes up saying do not knock unless its for me!
I got fed up with knocking on neighbours doors, so no i refuse to do it
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: parcel for neighbour
The 'Goodwill' that this scheme is based upon starts to evaporate quickly when you live next door to a fervent online shopper who is never in to take receipt of their items and who, despite being left 'While You Were Out' cards, never actually bothers to collect their items from their neighbours.
I still believe that people sending items should be allowed to specify that they do not wish them to be left with a neighbour as they have paid for the service. RM won't ever do that as they want to reduce costs by increasing their first time delivery rates and would prefer people sending important or valuable items to pay for a premium service.
I still believe that people sending items should be allowed to specify that they do not wish them to be left with a neighbour as they have paid for the service. RM won't ever do that as they want to reduce costs by increasing their first time delivery rates and would prefer people sending important or valuable items to pay for a premium service.