ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by 2pints »

Every single reserve in our office has been given monday as our day off. :evil/mad WTF.I asked to have it paid as overtime then but oh no the manager says "that is not possible,it will be a day in leu" :mad This is such BS i thought we could ask to have it as overtime? Nobody is happy with the way reserves are being treated.No union rep in our office either ffs.
gand
Posts: 253
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 17:36
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by gand »

Bank and public holidays
In Royal Mail:
• If you’re not scheduled to work on a Bank holiday, you’ll receive the equivalent number of hours as a
credit to the hours you would have worked.
• If your rest day falls on a Bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have
another day off that week.
• If that’s not possible, you can either:
» add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or
» take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate.
• If you work for Parcelforce Worldwide, ask your manager how Bank holidays are dealt with.

This can be found on the my royal mail Web site for all to see.
You go in and tell him that you want the day of that week if it cannot be done that week you want paid.
Last edited by gand on 21 May 2015, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
El-Bandito
Posts: 313
Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by El-Bandito »

Shouldn't this thread be in the 'union room '?
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by 2pints »

gand wrote:Bank and public holidays
In Royal Mail:
• If you’re not scheduled to work on a Bank holiday, you’ll receive the equivalent number of hours as a
credit to the hours you would have worked.
• If your rest day falls on a Bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have
another day off that week.
• If that’s not possible, you can either:
» add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or
» take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate.
• If you work for Parcelforce Worldwide, ask your manager how Bank holidays are dealt with.

This can be found on the my royal mail Web site for all to see.
You go in and tell him that you want the day of that week if it cannot be done that week you want paid. If he refuses you put a grievance in.
Great stuff thanks.Have now got link on phone to show them in mornin.I am going to round up all reserves and make sure they are all aware of this.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by enskied »

Q: Is it every reserve or it it every PT reserve ?

They did it at ours last bank hol but only to the PT reserves. I am still waiting for my bank holiday excess payment.
gand
Posts: 253
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 17:36
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by gand »

2pints wrote:
gand wrote:Bank and public holidays
In Royal Mail:
• If you’re not scheduled to work on a Bank holiday, you’ll receive the equivalent number of hours as a
credit to the hours you would have worked.
• If your rest day falls on a Bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have
another day off that week.
• If that’s not possible, you can either:
» add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or
» take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate.
• If you work for Parcelforce Worldwide, ask your manager how Bank holidays are dealt with.

This can be found on the my royal mail Web site for all to see.
You go in and tell him that you want the day of that week if it cannot be done that week you want paid. If he refuses you put a grievance in.
Great stuff thanks.Have now got link on phone to show them in mornin.I am going to round up all reserves and make sure they are all aware of this.
You don't need the link from here just go to
Myroyalmail.com
Log in
Go to main menu
Then me at work section
Then employment policies
Then time of for for annual leave.
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by olilew »

For the last 10 years our manager told us we had to have a lieu day and I personally accrued 11 lieu days in the bank which I could never use. I told him at Easter that I had read on here that we could either get another day off that week or get paid. He claimed to have never heard of it saying "maybe that's just in London". I printed off the relevant piece of legislation and took it in and guess what? "What day would you like off instead?" he says. I quickly told all the other reserves and now he has to find us all alternate days off because he wont pay us for it!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by 2pints »

olilew wrote:For the last 10 years our manager told us we had to have a lieu day and I personally accrued 11 lieu days in the bank which I could never use. I told him at Easter that I had read on here that we could either get another day off that week or get paid. He claimed to have never heard of it saying "maybe that's just in London". I printed off the relevant piece of legislation and took it in and guess what? "What day would you like off instead?" he says. I quickly told all the other reserves and now he has to find us all alternate days off because he wont pay us for it!
That is what i am doing tomorrow although i have no printer i can show the pdf on my phone.They just cannot be bothered to work the rota fairly so just shafted all the reserves.Bang out of order.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by enskied »

olilew wrote:For the last 10 years our manager told us we had to have a lieu day and I personally accrued 11 lieu days in the bank which I could never use. I told him at Easter that I had read on here that we could either get another day off that week or get paid. He claimed to have never heard of it saying "maybe that's just in London". I printed off the relevant piece of legislation and took it in and guess what? "What day would you like off instead?" he says. I quickly told all the other reserves and now he has to find us all alternate days off because he wont pay us for it!
He can't refuse to pay you if that is what you want. The choice is yours not his.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by coxie »

It's not up the the manager, if he can't offer you another rest day that week then it's YOUR choice if you want payment or day in lieu.
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by olilew »

coxie wrote:It's not up the the manager, if he can't offer you another rest day that week then it's YOUR choice if you want payment or day in lieu.
enskied wrote:
olilew wrote:For the last 10 years our manager told us we had to have a lieu day and I personally accrued 11 lieu days in the bank which I could never use. I told him at Easter that I had read on here that we could either get another day off that week or get paid. He claimed to have never heard of it saying "maybe that's just in London". I printed off the relevant piece of legislation and took it in and guess what? "What day would you like off instead?" he says. I quickly told all the other reserves and now he has to find us all alternate days off because he wont pay us for it!
He can't refuse to pay you if that is what you want. The choice is yours not his.

He makes sure he finds us another rest day!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by 2pints »

It is win win for me tbh i either get a days o.t or a different day off.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by POSTMAN »

For future reference this week...

Here...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=68800" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And...
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Cheltpostie2013
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 May 2013, 13:06
Gender: Male

Re: Every reserve given bank holiday as day off.

Post by Cheltpostie2013 »

Would I be too late to request this now on Tuesday morning? Sick of always having bank how Mondays off as my rest day.