ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Every parcel being tracked

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Every parcel being tracked

Post by paulthepostie »

Does anybody know what is the current situation regarding this?. Is every parcel in our daily bag going to have to be scanned on delivery?.

If this is true then when are the plans for it to be phased in across the country?.

Thanks in advance
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2015/04/right-track" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
houseoflords
Posts: 352
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
Gender: Male

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by houseoflords »

Why is it that Nick Landon is always wearing a stupid grin, looks like he's guilty of something.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by Lounge Lizard »

houseoflords wrote:Why is it that Nick Landon is always wearing a stupid grin, looks like he's guilty of something.
Guilty of not mentioning that there will be bar codes on Horizon Labels and Post & Go stamps from this autumn. :shock:
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by BeamishStout »

I'd be quite happy for them to do this so long as us front line troops have items with an easily removal barcode on it (unlike the vast majority of current tracked items). Of course if they persist with the 95% BS (re current tracked) then RM's QofS is going to plummet.
wally7
Posts: 67
Joined: 21 Nov 2008, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by wally7 »

We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by jimmynailsalive »

paulthepostie wrote:Does anybody know what is the current situation regarding this?. Is every parcel in our daily bag going to have to be scanned on delivery?.

If this is true then when are the plans for it to be phased in across the country?.

Thanks in advance
I can only guess it'll take me longer to scan all my packets so good news as I will walk less in a day, don't see a problem with it. :thumbup
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by rubberbond »

wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
Well said ,sir :Applause
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12184
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by SpacePhoenix »

wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
Wrong!

We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by glenfiddich »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
Wrong!

We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
Well apparently I must work for Parcelforce as I get quite a few large parcels :nana
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by Jpro747 »

This is going to be a nightmare with the scanners we use. I know we're getting new ones but at the rate Royal Mail take to change the business we probably won't see them for a few years. You only have to look at the vans...
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by eric the viking »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
Wrong!

We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
Wrong again , I deliver lots of small and medium parcels, :crazy:
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by greengiant »

eric the viking wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
Wrong!

We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
Wrong again , I deliver lots of small and medium parcels, :crazy:
I delivered 3 giant bean bag sized parcels today. Pretty filled up the back of a bipper they did!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by Lounge Lizard »

greengiant wrote:
eric the viking wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
Wrong!

We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
Wrong again , I deliver lots of small and medium parcels, :crazy:
I delivered 3 giant bean bag sized parcels today. Pretty filled up the back of a bipper they did!
So with no room for half of your walk you finished early ? :nana :cuppa :thumbup
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Every parcel being tracked

Post by greengiant »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
greengiant wrote:
eric the viking wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
Wrong!

We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
Wrong again , I deliver lots of small and medium parcels, :crazy:
I delivered 3 giant bean bag sized parcels today. Pretty filled up the back of a bipper they did!
So with no room for half of your walk you finished early ? :nana :cuppa :thumbup
I'm on "light duties", so my delivery consisted of the bean bags and a couple of other packets! :Applause