ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank holiday payment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Scotland1
Posts: 180
Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
Gender: Female

Bank holiday payment

Post by Scotland1 »

Do we get paid an enhanced rate if our day off falls on a bank holiday, we were told at Easter we just get normal 7hours 48 mins for day off and no enhanced rate, but I got £120+ for August one last year, please can someone clarify this
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday payment

Post by ganda »

If your rest day falls on a Bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have another day off that week.
If that’s not possible, you can either:
Add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate"

https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday payment

Post by coxie »

No advanced rate mate cos we don't work them days so why would they pay you extra other than a normal days pay. As for august they probably put it down on the system as the wrong payment type, had it happen to me.
rocksausage
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 May 2013, 17:34
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday payment

Post by rocksausage »

I had 3 days that fell on bank holidays last year, had them as bank holiday payment option b. This year I had 2 days, which I have asked to be paid. I have a different dom this year, and when i checked my payslip last thursday, it said bank holiday payment option a, which was a lot less than option b. Which is the correct option?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Bank holiday payment

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I may be wrong but I think option A is the correct one. Option B is the one where you actually work it hence its higher rate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday payment

Post by ganda »

I'm I reading this right? Have people not read the link. :crazy:
take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate.
From the My Royal Mail website. You get paid at at Monday to Saturday overtime rate!

Not sure why people post what they think, when the facts have been posted..... :hmmmm
rocksausage
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 May 2013, 17:34
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday payment

Post by rocksausage »

Just to clarify, phoned HR, you get enhanced pay rate if your day off falls on a bank holiday and you wish to be paid it. Should say bank holiday payment option B on payslip.
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday payment

Post by paulf0203 »

rocksausage wrote:Just to clarify, phoned HR, you get enhanced pay rate if your day off falls on a bank holiday and you wish to be paid it. Should say bank holiday payment option B on payslip.
did they say what the enhanced rate was?
rocksausage
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 May 2013, 17:34
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday payment

Post by rocksausage »

No but I think its monday to saturday ot rate.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Bank holiday payment

Post by DB1100 »

What about part timers as normally they don't get paid overtime rate until they hit 39hrs?
For we were soldiers once,and young