ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Every parcel being tracked
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Every parcel being tracked
Does anybody know what is the current situation regarding this?. Is every parcel in our daily bag going to have to be scanned on delivery?.
If this is true then when are the plans for it to be phased in across the country?.
Thanks in advance
If this is true then when are the plans for it to be phased in across the country?.
Thanks in advance
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Re: Every parcel being tracked
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2015/04/right-track" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Every parcel being tracked
Why is it that Nick Landon is always wearing a stupid grin, looks like he's guilty of something.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Every parcel being tracked
Guilty of not mentioning that there will be bar codes on Horizon Labels and Post & Go stamps from this autumn.houseoflords wrote:Why is it that Nick Landon is always wearing a stupid grin, looks like he's guilty of something.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Every parcel being tracked
I'd be quite happy for them to do this so long as us front line troops have items with an easily removal barcode on it (unlike the vast majority of current tracked items). Of course if they persist with the 95% BS (re current tracked) then RM's QofS is going to plummet.
-
wally7
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 21 Nov 2008, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Every parcel being tracked
We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Every parcel being tracked
I can only guess it'll take me longer to scan all my packets so good news as I will walk less in a day, don't see a problem with it.paulthepostie wrote:Does anybody know what is the current situation regarding this?. Is every parcel in our daily bag going to have to be scanned on delivery?.
If this is true then when are the plans for it to be phased in across the country?.
Thanks in advance
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Every parcel being tracked
Well said ,sirwally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12184
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Every parcel being tracked
Wrong!wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: Every parcel being tracked
Well apparently I must work for Parcelforce as I get quite a few large parcelsSpacePhoenix wrote:Wrong!wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Every parcel being tracked
This is going to be a nightmare with the scanners we use. I know we're getting new ones but at the rate Royal Mail take to change the business we probably won't see them for a few years. You only have to look at the vans...
-
eric the viking
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: south west
Re: Every parcel being tracked
Wrong again , I deliver lots of small and medium parcels,SpacePhoenix wrote:Wrong!wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Every parcel being tracked
I delivered 3 giant bean bag sized parcels today. Pretty filled up the back of a bipper they did!eric the viking wrote:Wrong again , I deliver lots of small and medium parcels,SpacePhoenix wrote:Wrong!wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Every parcel being tracked
So with no room for half of your walk you finished early ?greengiant wrote:I delivered 3 giant bean bag sized parcels today. Pretty filled up the back of a bipper they did!eric the viking wrote:Wrong again , I deliver lots of small and medium parcels,SpacePhoenix wrote:Wrong!wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Every parcel being tracked
I'm on "light duties", so my delivery consisted of the bean bags and a couple of other packets!Lounge Lizard wrote:So with no room for half of your walk you finished early ?greengiant wrote:I delivered 3 giant bean bag sized parcels today. Pretty filled up the back of a bipper they did!eric the viking wrote:Wrong again , I deliver lots of small and medium parcels,SpacePhoenix wrote:Wrong!wally7 wrote:We don't deliver parcels we have got parcel force to do that they are packets I do not care what upstairs call them if they are parcel then why have parcel force? They are packets.rant over
We deliver small and medium parcels, PF only deliver the large parcels.![]()
![]()