I have often been sent to work at other offices for a week or two at a time, some of which have been nearer home to where I am based. I spoke to my DOM and Union rep and questioned whether I should be using my own transport as I don't have business insurance. They both said that it was OK as I work for Royal Mail so there is no issue.
However, I have spoken to my insurance company and the police traffic department who have both advised me that I am only insured to travel to and from my normal place of work i.e. where I am based. I would be breaking the law to use my car to travel to any other Royal Mail office and would need business insurance for that (which is what I suspected).
Just thought I'd share.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being sent to work at other offices
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Being sent to work at other offices
At ours they sign in at their usual d.o. then get a lift off management or by a van to another place. Or claim taxi fare.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
BexyB9
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
- Gender: Female
Re: Being sent to work at other offices
And that is exactly what should happen.5plusbonusball wrote:At ours they sign in at their usual d.o. then get a lift off management or by a van to another place. Or claim taxi fare.
-
STEWYMAC
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 28 Jul 2011, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Being sent to work at other offices
If your insurance company say you aren't insured end of story,you either need buisness insurance or follow the correct procedure sign on your normal place of work and let them arrange transport to from your the other office they wish you to work at,the travel time both ways should be deducted from your duty hours.