ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Feeling sick and on stage one

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ihatework
Posts: 10
Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 22:51
Gender: Female

Feeling sick and on stage one

Post by Ihatework »

Hello, in March I was put on a stage one. I had (official) days off yesterday and today but have been feeling a bit poo with bad stomach. If I was to go sick for a few days would it trigger a stage 2? I was told after 6 months my sick record would go back to stage 0. I can only see me being off a few days but does this mean if I go sick for say 3 days I would have to wait another 6 months before my sick record is clear? Thanks!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Feeling sick and on stage one

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

2 absences or 10 days in the next 6 months
following an attendance review 1 formal notification
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... nce_Pr.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Annex 1
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Ihatework
Posts: 10
Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 22:51
Gender: Female

Re: Feeling sick and on stage one

Post by Ihatework »

Thanks for that. Was looking for the guidelines but couldn't find them. I only really wanted to know was if the new sick leave would forfeit the sick record being clean after 6 months. Real read in a bit. If my stomach lets me!
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Feeling sick and on stage one

Post by coxie »

You're ok mate a few days won't stop you being clear after you've served your 6 months as long as you don't have another absence
Ihatework
Posts: 10
Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 22:51
Gender: Female

Re: Feeling sick and on stage one

Post by Ihatework »

Hi thanks read that. Just to confirm, if I have 3 days off it won't affect sick record (if I am not off again within 6 months) and 4 days or more there will be another 6 month period before it goes back to stage 0? Thanks!
Ihatework
Posts: 10
Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 22:51
Gender: Female

Re: Feeling sick and on stage one

Post by Ihatework »

Bump. Is the above right? Thanks
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Feeling sick and on stage one

Post by coxie »

Spot on mate, have more than 3 if you want just don't go over 9 lol
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Feeling sick and on stage one

Post by PHARRY »

I see you have the right name I hate work seen more sickies than work