For past 8 weeks or so I've been having problems with my right knee, ever since I missed a step and over extended it. I have been keeping it strapped up, and taking ibuprofen. Was still able to do daily delivery walks on foot despite this. Had not seen GP either as i thougt it'd just get better in time with ibuprofen.
Anyway 3 weeks ago I decided it wasn';t getting any better, it was still rather swollen, so I went to see a private physio. Initial appointment was 2 weeks ago, physio couldn';t really tell much due to the swelling.
2nd appointment was this evening. Physio expressed concern that my knee is not starting to lock and is still swollen. So she is wanting to get me a referral for a orthapeadic consultant as she suspects possible PCL tear http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/knee/pcl_full.php She will draft a letter for my to hand to my GP to try and get the appointment for scan / xray.
To date I have not informed my lino of my gammy knee, as I was still able to do a days delivery.
However seeing as it seems likely that I'll need time off for scan, and possibly surgery depending on what the consultant finds, I think I'll need to have a wee word with my lino tomorrow.
Can RM arrange an appointment with consultant through atos / OH assist? Or should I best go through my own GP? 'll be picking up the letter to hand to my GP tomorrow, and I'll be sure to lay it on thick with The Keeper Of The Appointments at my surgery tomorrow to try and get an appointment ASAP.
Not the news I was wanting to hear from my physio tonight! I guess i'm lucky that since i've been with RM for over 12 months I'll get sick pay... Just a shame it looks like my planned summer adventures cycling / camping are going down the pan.