ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I'm Free!!
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
I'm Free!!
Finally after 12 years I've managed to land another job and get the hell out of here. Go to tough it out until September but there's light at the end of this tunnel. 5 years ago I would have been happy to stay here but now the thought of spending the rest of my working life with Royal Mail scares the crap out of me. I'll stick around on here still for a while but to be free from this company and the way they treat us now is the best thing to happen to me in years.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
Good luck in your new job coxie. Hope everything goes well for you.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: I'm Free!!
Oh piss off!!!!!!
Ermmm I mean congrats you lucky sod, wish I could find something else!
Ermmm I mean congrats you lucky sod, wish I could find something else!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
Trainee train driver mate, get on it
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
Well done mate, not an easy gig to get. How did you find the tests? Did you have any special experience/qualities that made you more suitable for the role than others?coxie wrote:Trainee train driver mate, get on it
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
Well done on finding an exit strategy!coxie wrote:Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I'm Free!!
do you work in my office ?Dorset Plodder wrote:Well done on finding an exit strategy!coxie wrote:Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.I know all offices are different, perhaps mine is more anti-social than others, but generally I find a lot of Posties to be Selfish & Self Centred. Over the years the job had attracted, and then encouraged, such types. I just have work colleagues, I don't have friends. I wouldn't trust any of these idiots to watch my back! A sorry indictment I know. Good Luck with your new job.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
Sadly I think that most offices are the same. I've worked at two different offices at opposite ends of the country and the sniping, backstabbing and nastiness was the same in both.Dorset Plodder wrote:Well done on finding an exit strategy!coxie wrote:Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.I know all offices are different, perhaps mine is more anti-social than others, but generally I find a lot of Posties to be Selfish & Self Centred. Over the years the job had attracted, and then encouraged, such types. I just have work colleagues, I don't have friends. I wouldn't trust any of these idiots to watch my back! A sorry indictment I know. Good Luck with your new job.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
norm wrote:Well done mate, not an easy gig to get. How did you find the tests? Did you have any special experience/qualities that made you more suitable for the role than others?coxie wrote:Trainee train driver mate, get on it
Found the tests ok and interviews. Got no experience or special quality a. Just an average bloke, applied last august, done the test end of march and got called straight for a managers interview 2 weeks later.
-
pants123
Re: I'm Free!!
coxie wrote:Finally after 12 years I've managed to land another job and get the hell out of here. Go to tough it out until September but there's light at the end of this tunnel. 5 years ago I would have been happy to stay here but now the thought of spending the rest of my working life with Royal Mail scares the crap out of me. I'll stick around on here still for a while but to be free from this company and the way they treat us now is the best thing to happen to me in years.
best of luck for the future...
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
I got out about 18 months ago...trust me you won't regret it.. 
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I'm Free!!
train driving course £ 79 in kent would it be worth it ?
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
Just out of curiosity what is the age of you guys that have left?. The only reason i ask is to find out if it is difficult to find work when your in your late 30's and upwards, when you have left royal mail. Did you find employers more disinterested because of your age and where you worked?.
Cheers
Cheers
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: I'm Free!!
Did you get interviewed first then take the test, or were the applicants selected on the basis of the test?coxie wrote:norm wrote:Well done mate, not an easy gig to get. How did you find the tests? Did you have any special experience/qualities that made you more suitable for the role than others?coxie wrote:Trainee train driver mate, get on it
Found the tests ok and interviews. Got no experience or special quality a. Just an average bloke, applied last august, done the test end of march and got called straight for a managers interview 2 weeks later.