ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ankle

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

ankle

Post by scoobydo79 »

My ankle feels like it cant take My weight right on the outside on the ankle bone.Got an odd feeling that comes and goes when walking without actually being painful.Any ideas learned people?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: ankle

Post by spiderj »

Call NHS 24

Maybe tendon trouble but get it seen to
Not many docs on here
I won
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: ankle

Post by scoobydo79 »

True not many Docs but lots of postmen who may have had a similar problem and wont make Me wait a couple of weeks
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Re: ankle

Post by Shaders »

Ask your DOM, They seem to think they are doctors nowadays.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: ankle

Post by DGP1 »

Ice it and take a couple of ibuprofen, and ankle support will also help but make sure it's strapped up.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: ankle

Post by spiderj »

Neoprene ankle support and either ibuprofen or nsaid like diclofenac of any swelling
You could try resistance strengthening etc but as there are so many problems that can seem similar in symptom but need different treatment call NHS 24 or see a doctor.

It can be everything from tendon problems to a shorter leg,if it continues you may need a biomechanical assessment.

If numb it could be nerve damage or diabetes.

Like I said I'd get it checked,but of you prefer to place your health on the hands of folk who have good intentions but no qualifications....ask your Dom.
I won
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Re: ankle

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

When my trainers get towards the end of their life I find it gives me pain in the ankle , new pair of trainers and the pain goes.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: ankle

Post by greengiant »

I've had a spot of a bothersome knee for the past 6 weeks. Pretty darned sair. Ended up going to see private physio. £££, but if it gets knee fixed better! Normally about a 12 week waiting list to see an NHS physio, that's after waiting 3 weeks to get a gp appointment!
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: ankle

Post by tansorboy »

Funnily enough, my ankle has started to hurt this week. I find Alcohol helps....taken internally!
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: ankle

Post by Chelseablue »

Anyone else's agree that this new way of working is causing loads more joint problems etc ? Especially with senior staff ?
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: ankle

Post by Anonymouse »

Chelseablue wrote:Anyone else's agree that this new way of working is causing loads more joint problems etc ? Especially with senior staff ?
I'm no where near being classed as senior staff and i feel like i'm falling apart haha. No idea how some of the old men and women can still keep going.

My knees feel like they're crumbling.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: ankle

Post by spiderj »

I've lost track of how long I've been off now
:cuppa
Been told by gp my career is over as. Walking postie

I uae a stick to walk,glad I seen my gp and podiatrist asap though.

It could have worsened.

Got to the stage I could hardly walk at all.
I'm only 40 :nana

Seriously op see your doc

I hope it's a minor thing
Better safe than sorry
I won
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: ankle

Post by scoobydo79 »

Thanks Guys.Very strange. As someone mentioned further up I wore a pair of trainers today with more tread on them and no ankle problem. Coincidence? I will find out tomorrow.I think our ankles, knees and hips will be shagged out beyond repair with all this walking.Im seeing lots of limping and support bandages lately on postmen :shock: