ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ankle
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: ankle
Neoprene ankle support and either ibuprofen or nsaid like diclofenac of any swelling
You could try resistance strengthening etc but as there are so many problems that can seem similar in symptom but need different treatment call NHS 24 or see a doctor.
It can be everything from tendon problems to a shorter leg,if it continues you may need a biomechanical assessment.
If numb it could be nerve damage or diabetes.
Like I said I'd get it checked,but of you prefer to place your health on the hands of folk who have good intentions but no qualifications....ask your Dom.
You could try resistance strengthening etc but as there are so many problems that can seem similar in symptom but need different treatment call NHS 24 or see a doctor.
It can be everything from tendon problems to a shorter leg,if it continues you may need a biomechanical assessment.
If numb it could be nerve damage or diabetes.
Like I said I'd get it checked,but of you prefer to place your health on the hands of folk who have good intentions but no qualifications....ask your Dom.
I won
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: ankle
I've had a spot of a bothersome knee for the past 6 weeks. Pretty darned sair. Ended up going to see private physio. £££, but if it gets knee fixed better! Normally about a 12 week waiting list to see an NHS physio, that's after waiting 3 weeks to get a gp appointment!
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: ankle
I'm no where near being classed as senior staff and i feel like i'm falling apart haha. No idea how some of the old men and women can still keep going.Chelseablue wrote:Anyone else's agree that this new way of working is causing loads more joint problems etc ? Especially with senior staff ?
My knees feel like they're crumbling.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: ankle
I've lost track of how long I've been off now
Been told by gp my career is over as. Walking postie
I uae a stick to walk,glad I seen my gp and podiatrist asap though.
It could have worsened.
Got to the stage I could hardly walk at all.
I'm only 40
Seriously op see your doc
I hope it's a minor thing
Better safe than sorry
Been told by gp my career is over as. Walking postie
I uae a stick to walk,glad I seen my gp and podiatrist asap though.
It could have worsened.
Got to the stage I could hardly walk at all.
I'm only 40
Seriously op see your doc
I hope it's a minor thing
Better safe than sorry
I won
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: ankle
Thanks Guys.Very strange. As someone mentioned further up I wore a pair of trainers today with more tread on them and no ankle problem. Coincidence? I will find out tomorrow.I think our ankles, knees and hips will be shagged out beyond repair with all this walking.Im seeing lots of limping and support bandages lately on postmen 