ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM claiming back holiday pay.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RoyalSlave69
Posts: 74
Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
Gender: Male

RM claiming back holiday pay.

Post by RoyalSlave69 »

If I leave Royal Mail and have taken more holiday than earnt how will RM claim it back? Take it out of my last pay?

I plan to leave in September but will have taken all my holiday by then (I wasn't planning to leave when were booking our holiday). The problem is I have not told my manager yet. I am worried if I do he will take away my extra hours, which I really need to keep. I'm on a low hour contract but do full time hours. I wanted to give him at least a months notice but this holiday situation may make that difficult.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: RM claiming back holiday pay.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

RoyalSlave69 wrote:If I leave Royal Mail and have taken more holiday than earnt how will RM claim it back? Take it out of my last pay?

I plan to leave in September but will have taken all my holiday by then (I wasn't planning to leave when were booking our holiday). The problem is I have not told my manager yet. I am worried if I do he will take away my extra hours, which I really need to keep. I'm on a low hour contract but do full time hours. I wanted to give him at least a months notice but this holiday situation may make that difficult.

Yes they will, but you only have to give a weeks notice anyway. If you give him a weeks notice and bang in the overtime as much as possible between now and then you should be able to pay it off anyway. Depending on when you actually leave you will have accrued nearly half of your leave anyway.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: RM claiming back holiday pay.

Post by arnold cheshire »

RoyalSlave69 wrote:If I leave Royal Mail and have taken more holiday than earnt how will RM claim it back? Take it out of my last pay?

I plan to leave in September but will have taken all my holiday by then (I wasn't planning to leave when were booking our holiday). The problem is I have not told my manager yet. I am worried if I do he will take away my extra hours, which I really need to keep. I'm on a low hour contract but do full time hours. I wanted to give him at least a months notice but this holiday situation may make that difficult.
we had a postie leave today who took at least 6 days holidays will he be paid next week ? i said they wont get paid next week