ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Maximum weight of D2D's per week?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Maximum weight of D2D's per week?

Post by eastie »

I have 60kg in weight of D2D's on a short week on my walk according to the walk log on my DOM's desk after taking a sneaky look.
Yes I know I will cut off if I go over but Is there a limit at all per walk ?
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Maximum weight of D2D's per week?

Post by Hitcher »

Nope.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: Maximum weight of D2D's per week?

Post by Glenno »

eastie wrote:I have 60kg in weight of D2D's on a short week on my walk according to the walk log on my DOM's desk after taking a sneaky look.
Yes I know I will cut off if I go over but Is there a limit at all per walk ?
No there is no weight limit per say, but be mindfull of H&S standards,ie correct bag weights etc, if I may suggest that if you prep your D2D's in colums it distributes the weight over several bags compared to the usual horizontal method, hope this helps :wave :wave
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Maximum weight of D2D's per week?

Post by bustedflush »

So that's over 100g (4oz) per call of d2d's.
It's a disgraceful waste of resources. I am no 'Greenie' but that sucks.
R@YAL F@IL
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Maximum weight of D2D's per week?

Post by R@YAL F@IL »

Use your trolley :d'oh!
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Maximum weight of D2D's per week?

Post by eastie »

R@YAL F@IL wrote:Use your trolley :d'oh!
but where do I put my mail :whistle