ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Moving House. Day off?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Moving House. Day off?

Post by deristrong »

Years ago I remember getting an extra day's leave for moving house. Anyone know if this still applies. [It was the 80's so wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no!]
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Re: Moving House. Day off?

Post by deristrong »

PS I know we get free redirection but as I've yet to find anywhere to live is Keepsafe free?
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Moving House. Day off?

Post by doorstepped »

keepsafe is still free as I used it a while ago when I went on Holiday.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Moving House. Day off?

Post by wacko74 »

Prepare to be unsurprised...
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: Moving House. Day off?

Post by postman nel »

I asked for the Saturday I got married on off when I worked at Royal Mail and got refused it because my wedding was at 3pm.. So good luck :thumbup :arrrghhh
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Re: Moving House. Day off?

Post by Lou84 »

I'm also in the same boat, we're moving at the beginning of June.

I spoke to our bookroom, your not entitled to any paid special leave but can take unpaid special leave down to your manager to agree/OK.

Or I'm afraid its annual leave to move.

When I spoke to my manager he said I could have a week unpaid (solves his over staffing problem that week I guess), but I'm thinking more like 2 days.

Good luck